iTunes Picks!

by lonelysheep 1 Replies latest social entertainment

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Since I listen to a lot of various music, I don't hear everything new that comes out till a couple weeks late, sometimes.

What are some new, good songs you like?

I highly recommend "Messages" from Velvet Revolver's new album, 'Libertad'. I love this song!! Get the entire album, in fact!

Also, Timbaland-'Shock Value'.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Anything from Wilco's Sky Blue Sky

Anything from Interpol's Our Love To Admire

especially this song-

New Music: Interpol: "Pioneer to the Falls" [Stream]

The men of Interpol have kept us waiting three years for their third album, Our Love to Admire. "Pioneer to the Falls", the disc's moody (what else?) opener, doesn't rush to make its point, either. Nor does it disappoint. A dark, brittle guitar line similar to pre-Turn on the Bright Lights live rarity "Cubed" (also known as "Mascara") joins sparse piano and melancholy strings before Paul Banks' harrowed, Jim Morrison-like voice comes in, again beseeching patience: "The soul can wait." Interpol's rhythm section enters a verse later, then drops to a heartbeat on a bridge that floats in space-- "You fly straight into my heart," Banks croons, distant yet vulnerable-- until at last a trilling guitar solo soars above it all, for an emotional effect similar to the one generated by the solo on Radiohead's "Creep". "I felt you so much today," Banks concludes, as rumbling toms and rising orchestration contrast with that stately opening riff, betraying impatience, perhaps, but no hurry.

The National is also worth checking out. I love these tunes:

Abel

Mistaken for Strangers

Happy listening, lonelysheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit