Is Half The 'Disciple Making Work' A Hoax?

by metatron 8 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

17 yearts ago, it took 3,624,773 publishers to generate 263,855 baptisms (1990 Yrbk)

However, last year it took 6,491,775 publishers to get 248,327 baptised! Exactly what work were those spare 3 million publishers

doing? Coffee breaks? Slow strolls from door to door? This is why I believe that the much bragged about "preaching work'

is largely a hoax.

metatron

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

And most of those baptisms were just the next generation doing what it took to make their parents happy.

I wouldn't say it's a hoax persay. I think at one time they really took it seriously and it was way more effective than now. It's now so much a part of the identity of being a Witness, and how they define themselves, you can't have one without the other. The whole hamster wheel is one big door-to-door training session. Without that, all they'd have is bitching about how bad the world is... and they can do that over their morning paper.

What a sad, pointless life to lead...

• flipper
    flipper

Metatron- I think it's an indicator that the preaching work is becoming not as effective due to lack of interest. The "alleged increase" is not happening as the org. wants their members to believe. Is it possible that people are being made more aware of the jw cults dangers and are deciding to not join? Hey there's a concept for ya! Anyway, when I initially left in 1998 the first time, I thought the worlwide count was about 6,000,000 witnesses worldwide back then! Not much increase in 9 years do ya think? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

half the work was a hoax in the 90s. That makes 75% of the work a hoax now

• Numinous
    Numinous

Nobody listening or reacting is the WTs que for the deadpan response of another sign of the times...just the fulfillment of prophecy that the world is ever closer to the end. Meetings and service are to keep the R & F busy. Very interesting about such a low increase within the past nine years...too bad the yearly report doesn't give the number who left that year.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Well, what would you do if someone from a group invited you to join that group?

You'd look it up on the internet.

'nuff said !

steve

• monophonic
    monophonic

of course, being the politicians they are, they'd tweak their stats of inefficiency to 'the harvest is almost complete and armageddon is ever so closer'.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Good post. Yeah, the preaching work is a hoax. Many people just fake the time, and many, many more just go through the motions. And of course, potential recruits are not as naive as they used to.

• changeling
    changeling

Great observation!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit