Finally!

by JWdaughter 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

We finally got the house on the market and within 8-9 days we had a offer. Kind of lower than what we want, but in light of school starting in 1mo. and a very long commute not to mention the housing market. . .we are accepting so we can move on. We stand to lose a lot more in gasoline, aggravation and hassle if we stay until we get a better offer. Who knows what the market will do? In any case. . .we are making an offer on a house tomorrow and accepting the offer that we got tomorrow (not in that order). Our new house will be nearly 2x the size with a half acre lot in a really nice area, so we hope we get it. We have a couple of back ups that we also like, one that is very different, but we like almost as much. Wish us well! We are hoping to move at the end of august.

Shelly

• alphafemale
    alphafemale

Good luck Shelly

Alpha:)

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends on what you stand to lose by accepting the first offer what do other similar houses in the area fetch? I personally don't like doing things in a hurry but if you have to there is no alternative. Have in mind that estate agents if involved are only concerned with getting their commission rather than selling a house at the price that is best for the owner.

• Mum
    Mum

Good for you, JWD. The housing market is really down. But maybe that means you will pay less for the next place as well. I'm thinking of selling and moving to another part of the country where real estate prices are lower.

Regards,

SandraC

• esw1966
    esw1966

Congratulations!!!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Congrats!

I hope it all works out for you!

BB

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Congratulations! I know how stressful that is, and taking an offer that's lower than you want at least stops the "bleeding" of the money!!! We had rent in our new place and an empty house 800 miles away we were still paying a mortgage on. We felt lucky to sell and took the offer. I hope you get what you want! I am waiting right now to see if we can qualify for a mortgage on a house I looked at Monday! Here's me crossing my fingers for both of us!!!!!! ;-)

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Congrats! I know that there must be a million things running through your mind... I wish you well.

Renee

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Congrats and best wishes for a smooth transition.

-Denise.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Thanks for all the kind words.

Kitten Whiskers: I hope you get your house!!

We have a good sense of the market locally, and while we are getting less than we hoped. . .we are getting more than other agents thought we should even list it at. So that's good! We are under contract now to sell the house. . . and yesterday we got under contract to buy our new house! It is a great improvement over the old one, in super condition, quarter acre yard on a street with sidewalks and wide streets. It is only a few years old, but it is charming and will be a happy house to live in. Lots of light, new paint, Dahlias and a great fenced back yard. We should be moving at the end of August. We paid the full asking price, but it comped out much higher than that. They wanted a quick sale for the same reason we did and their price reflected that, just like our other house ultimately did. We are pretty excited. Oh, this is an edit--we did not get the orig. house we were thinking of. Upon reflection, and based on some new information, we decided not to make an offer on the brick w/half an acre. Too many issues, from an unpermitted addition to a 40 y.o. drain field and best yet, an angry, not speaking to each other divorcing couple. If nothing else, the vibes were bad, but the permit and septic issue were enough on their own to scare us off. We are buying from a nice family who kept the house up beautifully and didn't do anything funky that we have to undo. I wish I could send you all a link. Its on a street called Lois Lane. My husband keeps making jokes about the name. Hoping he will get over it soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit