Investing in friendships on this board

by journey-on 6 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

I've been reading the thread about posters you miss hearing from. Some of you sound like you've invested a lot of "heart" in developing a raport with certain posters over a long period of time only to find suddenly they stop posting and your "friendship" has disappeared overnight. You miss them and wonder what happened to them.

How is that any different from what we experienced when our "friends" at the KH stopped calling or coming by. We invested a lot of years in those friendships, then suddenly overnight....gone. Yet we criticize them.

Thoughts and comments, please.

• Sassy
    Sassy

the diffference is.. we've lost each other just by losing touch..

the people from the KH cut off their friendship out of conditional rules that we can no longer be their friends..

the difference is.. were we to run into a member from here who has been away.. we would be happy to hear from each other.. NOT SHUNNED

which the JWs do to us

• journey-on
    journey-on

Thank you for responding, Sassy. I guess one of the things I'm asking is, don't you feel the loss just the same. Or are cyber friends that much different?

• Sassy
    Sassy

the loss is different..

the loss of jws is a knife to the gut because they cut us out of their lives.. we are not welcome in their doors..

Morty for example on JWD.. we've lost touch.. but I know without a doubt if I were to find her and show up at her door.. not only would I be ushered in.. but I'd probably not be allowed to leave for a long while..

its like saying good bye for now, (even if it could be forever) and saying good bye and having being slammed in our face..

both may be sad.. but one is on purpose..

the other is by accident..

so one causes sadness at missing..

the other may have sadness.. but it also may include anger, bitterness... disloyalty to friendship..

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

For me, a lot of these peeps are not "just" cyber. I see JWD people in real life. I may not get to go hang out as I would like, but the apostafest in the area are the best and that is a lot of love in one big dose and the friendships keep. So the worry is real and the concern is real. Like Crumples being down. We really loved seeing her here in Dallas, cannot wait for her return and miss her sorely while she is gone. Her absence and silence is worrysome and yet for us who have been low and needed to be by ourself, perhaps quiet is good. Then when we see her again, we will be just as happy she is back and Very excited to greet her in December!!!

• emptywords
    emptywords

the loss of jws is a knife to the gut because they cut us out of their lives.. we are not welcome in their doors..

Don't have to be not associated any longer to be welcomed at their doors, many are like that even when we still in their so called good standing. The have cliques and the most vunerable the old, lonely, sick, depressed, weak and the poor are ignored, this is one thing that I can't give them an excuse for and when they say they are imperfect I could scream. So many so called wordly people or disfellowshiped inactive give a far better witness of love than many of these so called Christian friends.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I'm trying to make freinds with people here.

Before, I liked to keep my freinds and JWness seperate. I was embarassed to have it mix.

But I know the freinds I have are accepting of me, and if I make freinds off of JWD, then they won't mind.

I think I've found the first freind of many.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit