30 minute Sunday talks??

by still_in74 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still_in74
    still_in74

Ok maybe somebody else can validate this for me as it has been "officially" announced yet, or at least not in my KH. Apparently also starting in the new year along with public/private Watchtowers the Sunday public talk will be reduced to 30 minutes from the current 45 minutes while not lengthening the WT study.

I hear the reasoning is to give the "brothers" more time to associate after the meeting.

Has anyone else heard about this yet? I heard it was being announced this week

• fokyc
    fokyc

It should have been already announced in ALL Kingdom Halls

here is a link to one of several threads about this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/138534/1.ashx

and

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/138304/1.ashx

fokyc

• still_in74
    still_in74

agh!! I should have know better . You apostates know everything first !!!!!!!!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

As was stated on the other thread, the rationale given was "more time for the ministry on Sunday" as if anybody actually goes in the ministry on Sunday.

I think the move to 30-minute talks is a logical step. It's in line with the WTS reductionism in meetings, conventions, and other 'simplification' things they have done.

It will be more compact and less watered down than the 45 minute talk. Kind of like the difference between diarrhea and hard stools. It's still all crap.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Still_in74

agh!! I should have know better . You apostates know everything first !!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you think I am an Apostate?

Just because my wifes PO thinks I am, doesn't mean a thing,

he thinks watchtower.org and jw-media.org are both apostate web sites!

fokyc

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Has anyone else heard about this yet? I heard it was being announced this week

Yes it was announced this week. The interesting fact is the elimination of any negative comments in the introduction.

wanna

• still_in74
    still_in74
    The interesting fact is the elimination of any negative comments in the introduction

?? can you elaborate?

thanks

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Has anyone cleared this one with Jehovah yet? Did it go through proper channels??....what's going on here folks?

• Gordy
    Gordy

Funnily at the church I attend the Pastor last Sunday said he was going to be shortening his sermons and service. So we could finish 15 minutes earlier and have some fellowship. Tea and coffee will be available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit