So, why did I do this again? :)

by Juniper 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Juniper
    Juniper

Hi all! :)

So, I've been in a fade for two years now. I moved to a new area and never had my cards forwarded, so it's been an easy fade, apart from the family drama that comes with it.

My question is this:

I left jw's (was a pioneer and elder's wife) because I knew I had never beleived it. It was just something I always did to appease my family/husband. Now that I'm out, I'd like to get some information for myself regarding WHY it's wrong. For the last two years, I've felt more free and happy than I ever have as a jw. I can't believe I put off leaving for so long!

Where do you all recommend doing research on the WTBS? I'll be honest, I've gone back to college and don't have a lot of time to research this on the net. But I'd like to educate myself a bit on what exactly is 'amiss' with the 'society'. I know they're loonies......but why?

Could any of you point me to a simple explanation of some of the 'biggest no-no's' the WTBS has been involved in?

I appreciate any help from you all. I've gotten so much encouragement from this site. Leaving jw-ville can leave you feeling a bit like a refugee at times. But this site has been a huge help for me to feel like I'm not alone. My friends try to understand what this is like for me, but just reading all your posts and experiences has made me feel like I'm not alone in this. So for that, thank you!!!!

Love to all of ya's

Juniper

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome back...and here is a pretty great place to start.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It all depends on which angle you want to take it. What bothers you most about the society?

• Their oddball doctrinal 'truths' from the bible?
    • Their treatment of people?
    • Their killing doctrine on blood and transplants, with no apologies to the victims?
    • Their callous and inconsistent application of "no war", resulting in Witnesses being sacrificed on the altar of "religious descrimination" (Mexico/Malawi)
    • False prophecies?
    • Their cultlike qualities, where dissention is brutally suppressed?
    • Their claims of carrying the ultimate 'truth', while flip-flopping doctrines without explanation?
    • An arrogant leadership who refuses to apologise?
    • Their re-writing and hiding of their own history?
    • Their fear-mongering as a recruitment and retention technique?
  • greendawn
    greendawn

You can do research on the internet usinf key words like watchtower society, Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Franklin Rutherford, watchtower + occult etc

There are hundreds of sites covering every aspect of the JW history and doctrine and most are anti JW since the org strongly discourages its members from setting up pro JW sites.

The book crisis of conscience by Ray Franz a Governing Body member is also very revealing eg in Mexico they allowed the JWs to obtain party cards because that would help the WTS keep its propery in that country. In Malawi they did not and the JWs there suffered immensely.

• changeling
    changeling

Try the UN!

changeling

• eclipse
    eclipse

http://www.jwfacts.com

http://www.silentlambs.org/

These are 2 easy sites to peruse at your leisure, many many facts to show why you made the right decision.

• unique1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit