The Aposta-Elvis Returns

by Arthur 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur

About a week ago, there was a thread about an Elvis impersonating apostate who showed up at the Long Beach, CA convention and sang Kingdom Melodies to passing JWs. It was a hoot. Here is the original thread which is quite funny:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/137754/1.ashx

Well, he showed back up again at this weekend's convention. I just came from having dinner with a few family members who attended the convention today. One of them asked me: did you hear about the Elvis apostate we had? I had to refrain from laughter and put on a face of righteous indignation. I was quite aware this guy had showed up before. My family member went on to describe his antics, singing from a song book in an Elvis voice, and cracking JW jokes.

What's funny about all of this is that he was providing his performance in the public property portion where the picketers stand. Aside from ex-JWs who picket, from what I understand, there are also born again Christians from local churches that go to kindly inform JWs that they will burn in hell if they don't accept that Yahweh is really Jesus. This Elvis guy was stealing everyone's thunder. I'm sure the picketers were doing all they could to jockey for attention. I heard that one of the picketers went up and started arguing with the Aposta-Elvis. Hilarious.

What times we live in. Not only are JWs hammered with taunts and shouts about 1914, 1975, and C.T. Russell at their conventions, they are now heckled by Elvis impersonators singing "Love me tender".

• Twitch
    Twitch

LOL

"Brothers and Sisters, Aposta-Elvis has left the Hall,...."

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i so want to find this guy and shoot tequila with him.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Priceless. Wish I could be there.

Get a couple of friends. Dress up. Leave the convention, Go Wild, like the girls in the 50's, put dollars in his belt, like a stripper. Draw a crowd. Have fun, see how long it takes an elder to come and try to take you off.

• kwr
    kwr

If someone has it on video they should post it to youtube.com!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Had I known ahead of time, I would have gone there and videotaped his 'performance'. I'm sure it would have been YouTube worthy.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I don't know the dates of all the LB DCs, but there's one for the week of August 20th, so I guess the 24th-26th. Someone please record it. =D

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Wow, now that sounds hilarious. I wish I could have been there to see that. I wish I could find another convention with picketers, apparently there are more of them in California. Please vieotape this.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I want to meet this guy and buy him a

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit