A good laugh, courtesy of WOL

by Trevor Scott 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

This WOL post contains the "a" word, so I expect it won't last long.

Enjoy,

TS

-----

gajem
    N E W B I E
    posted 10-15-2001 05:46 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A simple question, and I hope I don't start any controversy...
    Why do we need a private forum with passwords to get in? Why do we need to have certain "discussions" that are not availabale for others to see and comments?

If we all are brothers and sisters, shouldn't our conversations be wholesome and upbuilding? if so why then a private forum?
    In Jehovah's organization nothing is kept secret in due time the Faithful and Discreet
    Slave always instruct and inform Jehovah's people.

That's all for now...

Titus 3:15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NoMoreViolins
    WOL Crawler
    posted 10-15-2001 08:25 PM
    I can answer that one!
    Before I became a member, I was a visitor. I could see what everybody was posting. Now imagine that I were an apostate, an opposing mate, etc. Oh,yes, I could print any posting. Now, are we to cast pearls before swine? Do apostates deserve to know what we are discussing regarding prophecies, etc.?

onedgill

posted 10-15-2001 08:34 PM
    Good Thinking, NoMoreViolins! Anyone can lurk on this site. And the internet is full of curious people who may stumble on this site and read what we post. Some forums are private to stop that from happening. Gagem, there's nothing wrong with asking a question, I always say. It helps you to get information.
    --------------------

Sunshine, on my shoulders, makes me happy! :)

MEF
    WOL Crawler
    posted 10-15-2001 08:50 PM
    Gajem,
    I think it's because I've been there, done that, that I am not concerned that there is a forum that is private.

Some people don't want what they say reported openly to others. That is fine. I remember hearing once (a long time ago) that when recording someone's talk at the KH, we should ask that person's permission. I found that intriguing but also polite.

If some prefer to speak in private, that works for me.

MEF

WolfPrncez

posted 10-16-2001 02:00 PM
    Not every thing that the society puts out is for every one to have. That's one thing.
    IE our TMS book, we can't give that book out door to door, they must be regularly attending the TMS to attain a copy. Same with the organization book, you must be in the stages of getting ready for baptism to attain a copy. Same with the pioneer school book. You must be a pioneer for one year and go to pioneer school before you get one, and we were told not to loan it out for others to study. Also the elders and MS body get special books and talks and training that the rest of us do not. I could go on and on but I think you get the jest of it.

Nomoreviolins has the right idea.

There has been apostate mailing due to some peoples posts. We don't need a apostate coming along behind us, twisting what we are saying on the board, and putting doubts in our heads.

Also like the women's forum. There is somethings that you wouldn't want to share with brothers on what goes on with women. IE would you like to share problems you are having with your mensus if you knew a brother was reading it? But, you might want the support of a fellow sister, to at least listen to you. Or maybe share the same problems she had, ect.

Heather

--------------------

Click here to find out more about: JW Recipe Exchange or JWs Losing Weight mailing list.

Want to go on a Group cruise with Brothers and Sisters from all walks of life. Join JWCruise. And cruise with us in 2006.

bndjames
    WOL Crawler
    posted 10-16-2001 02:42 PM
    wolfPrncez is correct about the apostate mailimgs as I have gotten a couple myself. I like the idea of having private things kept private. Not that things are secret just private. Okay, my 2ยข ~~Bev~~

Marcheta
    WOL Stepper
    posted 10-16-2001 03:32 PM
    Also, remember friends, a few weeks ago in our WT study it was said that we need, at times, to be cautious as serpents and innocent as doves about some things, and that there are things that people outside the organization simply do not NEED to know! I like to call this "theocratic strategy"...so yes, having a forum that is restricted is fine with me. I would hate to think that some of what was posted here was taken and used in a diabolical way, and this could happen and has happened..I had it happen to me a few times the last few weeks and had to remove my email from my profile...so being cautious is NOT being sneaky, just wise!! Does this sound alright, friends?!
    --------------------

So that we may be of good courage and say:Jehovah is my helper, I will not be afraid, what can man do to me"....
    Heb.13:6

benadam

posted 10-16-2001 06:42 PM
    Why do certain things "have" to be? Due to past experience, otherwise they wouldn't have to be. In the apostle Paul's day, he was plagued by pseudadelphois, i.e., "pseudo-brothers" [KIT] or "false brothers" (2 Corinthians 11:26). So are we today. All people are not who they say they are. Some lurk and hide and plot to entrap the wary with smooth words. So, as responsible people, we have to deal with it as best we can.
    Undoubtedly this causes some annoyance, just as the case with stepped-up security due to recent terrorist attacks. Some "false brothers" are engaged in a form of cyber-terrorism. Thus, we have to respond appropriately to keep WOL a place for clean, upbuilding and encouraging association.

To do otherwise would be irresponsible.

--------------------

"Happy is the nation whose God is Jehovah." -- Psalm 33:12

"And now Lord Jehovah thou art the God, and thy words must be true." -- 2 Samuel 7:28, Tyndale (1537)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Cyber-terrorist? ROTFLMAO....

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I like the "the truth should only be doled out as seen fit by the FDS" post of Heather. She didn't even mention the "Pay Attention" book...

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

I find this interesting...

"So that we may be of good courage and say:Jehovah is my helper, I will not be afraid, what can man do to me"....

Compare that with this one:

"There has been apostate mailing due to some peoples posts. We don't need a apostate coming along behind us, twisting what we are saying on the board, and putting doubts in our heads. "

Hmmm, they still do think of you apostates as men and women, don't they <laugh>..??

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

B A R F ! ! !

What insipid little idiots. They have NO clue. I can't stand reading their posts. I'm surprised everytime that I read one when they don't turn the thread into what their favorite kingdumb song is.

Slipnslidemaster: "And now about the cauldron sing, Like elves and fairies in a ring, Enchanting all that you put in."

- William Shakespeare, MacBeth

• Andee
    Andee

Geez,

Mensus??

Too funny.

Andee

• nelly136
    nelly136

"theocratic strategy" = LIE when its for the good for the borg?

guess gajems just learnt a new lesson, one face for the public and another behind closed doors,

yep dont let outsiders know what its really like till they join and its too late

nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit