HAIRSPRAY *SPOILER ALERT*

by free2think 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• free2think
    free2think

OMG.......I just got back from seeing Hairspray and i have to say you have to go see it, it's fantastic.

I laughed practically all the way through. I laughed so much i was getting hyaterical it was so funny.

My favourite lines were:

'The darker the chocolate the richer the taste.'

'Once you have chocolate you can't go back.'

I'f i can't make you laugh your skin is too tight.'

'The darker the berry the sweeter the taste.'

'I can't love anything less then a size 60.'

My fave part has to be the dance sequence with the mum and dad, classic.

So has anyone else seen it? What were your favourite parts?

• r.a.m.
    r.a.m.

The original movie was interesting. The broadway musical is what the new movie is based on. But the broadway show is absolutely wonderful with a great sound musically. The movie seems to lack depth. I hate John Travolta now that he's older. And he's kind of a freak nowadays. Plus, if Oprah raves about something, them probably it isn't that great for me. Oprah and I don't have similar taste.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm looking forward to seeing it - I really enjoyed the first one, saw it several times.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm feeling very conflicted about seeing John Travolta in drag.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not floating my boat at all

in any way shape or form

which pretty much covers all angles

• free2think
    free2think

Yeah i thought that too Scully, everytime i saw him/her it made me laugh.

• horrible life
    horrible life

My daughter and I saw the Broadway play, about 6 months ago. We loved it. Can't wait to see the movie. We went to see the Harry Potter movie last night, I couldn't keep awake, my daughter kept punching me, when I would start snoring. She should have just moved her seat, and disowned me for an hour. LOL

• free2think
    free2think

LOL Horrible Life.

Im sure you'll enjoy Hairspray more.

• orbison11
    orbison11

i would love to see the broadway play of hairspray,,,

but now with the knowledge i have acquired from the net on john travolta,,scientology and his hidden gay life (and scientology claiming being gay is bad/wrong/can be cured)

i will not go to anything he is in

orb

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I just saw it, I wanted to see the new Christian Bale movie instead but my friend drug me to see this one.
    I have to say it was ok, I laughed a few times and I thought John Travolta was great. Of course I've never seen the first one - musicals just aren't my thing.
    But this one was OK and it was nice to see something that made me laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit