Need some info

by TweetieBird 4 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I haven't been to a meeting in a couple of years but getting ready to visit Witness relatives and will have to go to meetings. Can someone fill me in on what they are studying at the book study and anything else that might be new or different the past 2 years? Thanks!

• Arthur
    Arthur

They are currently studying the Revelation Climax book; although a revised version. They recently had to print revised sentences and paragraphs in a KM insert to "update" portions of the book. If you see people with books that have scotch tape all over them, don't be alarmed. It's just a sign that "new light" has been bestowed upon the great multitude, and that Jehovah's chariot-like organization is on the move!

By the way, be sure to digest the fine spiritual banquet that is set out before you. And . . . . have fun.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

They are still studying the red Revelation It's Grand Climax is at Hand book for the congregation book study. The Awake is now only being published once a month. There will be a new JW-only version of the Watchtower starting next year that will be used for the Watchtower Study meeting. The other Watchtower will be a public edition. There are reports coming in that letters have been read in some congregations that the Public Talk will be reduced from 45 to 30 minutes next year as well, but apparently not all congregations have received the news yet. Other than that, it's pretty much the same ol' sh*t. There was a HUGE revision of a doctrinal point regarding the completion of the gathering of the anointed that was supposed to have occurred in 1935, but 90-95% of witnesses have no idea what that means or how important that was in the development of JW theology, so I wouldn't concern myself with that particular point.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Sorry Tweetie,

I haven't been inside a KH in 24 years, good luck

nj

• changeling
    changeling

Poor baby, that's no way to spend a vacation...

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit