What do you think?

by rolling rock 6 Replies latest jw friends

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Do you think that people might become jw,study,go to meetings cuz thay know that thay might get a chance to molest kids, and get away with it?

I think that child molesters might look at the wtbts as a safe haven for them...

Has anyone else ever thought about this?

• willy_think
    willy_think

yes i do. the WT is a safe haven for them. one the promlem is molestation grows expedentially. molesters in power will need to protect other molesters or face possible exposure.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Child molesters become teachers, school principals, coaches, counselors, etc, for that reason so why not?

Silverleaf

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'll disagree. The WTS doesn't advertise that it provides a safe haven for pedophiles, and to borrow from Silverleaf, child molesters become teachers, school principals, coaches, counselors, etc., so it isn't as if pedophiles have no other places to go to practice their perversion.

I think that the truth is that Jehovah's Witnesses are not as different from the rest of the world as they like to think they are, (in fact I find it amusing that when a discuss this issue with a Dub they will often counter to the effect that "this happens everywhere" - I suppose "god's people" aren't that special) although they may have a higher percentage of devotees who are neurotic than more mainstream religions.

• JanH
    JanH

If it happens at all, it is very infrequent, I think. The dub lifestyle is so demanding and stressing that I doubt pedophiles will find that it is worth it, comparing to other ways to find children to molest.

A quite common modus operandi for these creeps is to find single moms with young children and marry or start living with them (if they work nights, like e.g. some nurses do, that is even better!). And many JW women are single with children. Such people may well join the movement with such a motive.

What I do think happens, on the other hand, is that once a molester is a JW, and have found their victim(s), they will choose to stay and enjoy the "safe haven" provided to them by this absurd WT policy.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

The wtbts doesn't need to advertise it. We do it everday on this web site and others like silentlambs ect...

It takes alot of work to become a school teacher, principal, coach, counselors, ect. But look how easy it is to become a jw or just get close to jws and there famleys. I don't think that it would be hard to pull off at all...

• Julie
    Julie

:I think that child molesters might look at the wtbts as a safe haven for them...

While I doubt child molesters join the JWs with the intention of finding easy victims (as there are much easier ways), I do think that people with evil and/or self-serving purposes often take cover under the guise of religion and righteousness. There are even some who are so self-important that they feel they speak for God and their intent is obviously to cultivate followers of their own. Can you imagine someone thinking they are so special that God would instruct them regarding stupid day-to-day bullshit instead of addressing the horrors that are going on around the world all the time?

Religion is the best hiding place for so many evil-intended because the religious are often so gullible.

Pathetic creatures these manipulators, aren't they?

Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit