da vs df

by BlackSwan of Memphis 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Through conversations with other exjw's I am finding a discrepancy.

In some cases when a person disassociates him or her self from the Org, the family views it as not being as bad as if they had been disfellowshipped.

In other cases it is the complete opposite.

What's the deal???

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear BlackSwan:

This was the official position taken by the Watchtower
    Society back in the 80's. However, I do not know if
    there have been modifications since that time.

Persons who make themselves 'not of our sort' by deliberately rejecting the faith and beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses should appropriately be viewed and treated as are those who have been disfellowshiped for wrongdoing. --The Watchtower, September 15, 1981, page 23.

However, I do know that when I disfellowshiped
    the Watchtower Society for conduct unbecoming
    a Christian organization, I was shunned and
    still am shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Respectfully,

Richard

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    This was the official position taken by the Watchtower
    Society back in the 80's. However, I do not know if
    there have been modifications since that time.

Persons who make themselves 'not of our sort' by deliberately rejecting the faith and beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses should appropriately be viewed and treated as are those who have been disfellowshiped for wrongdoing. --The Watchtower, September 15, 1981, page 23.

Thank you so much Richard for this. I just don't get it then. Because yes, this is exactly what I thought.

Interestingly, back in the winter when Hannah was having her surgery issues and my husband talked with my b.i.l, who was newly baptized, Mr Swan was told by b.i.l that because I da'ed it was Worse.

I think they just make it up as they go along...

However, I do know that when I disfellowshiped
    the Watchtower Society for conduct unbecoming
    a Christian organization, I was shunned and
    still am shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses.

You df'ed them. I like that. Hmmmm such strange goings on.....you df them and they shun you. Who'd of thunk?

thanks babe

• emptywords
    emptywords

Someone who DA makes that decision that they no longer want to associate with the congregation which is the b/s. Most brothers would be curious as to why, and probably would love to ask you why. I think a person that DA is worst than one that is DF, disfellowshipping leaves the door open to come back on the other hand the DA person deliberatly leaves so not likely to want to come back.

A lot of questions why someone DA themselves, could be because they were doing wrong and didn't want to get DF, or for them realised was not the truth....or was shaken by the hypocrocy of the tower and GB.

For me people are people regardless of DA or DF, but I guess that is what most would think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit