Basis of Authority

by dontomas 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dontomas
    dontomas

I just read Paralipomenon's excellent post on WT origins, so I ask - What is the basis of authority in the org? Knowing the Bible - lots of people know the Bible. Being annointed - any annointed person outside the authorities will be told to pound sand, even on the cong level. Cruising up the hierarch, being in the right place at the right time. Like we say in NYC "Where do you get off!"

At least as a Catholic there was a priesthood that claimed almighty power from the apostles. So in light of an apostasy, maybe the founders thought they were ordained by God himself.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Blessings

Don Tomas

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Sadly there is no real basis for authority for the dubs. If you ask a dub they will say 'well god chose them.' Or 'they are the only ones to use the bible or gods name.' Besides those statements that are ingrained in them, there is no validation for their claims to being gods true organization.

Its really sad. For so long I thought 'oh when Jesus came for his inspection in 1918 they were the only ones teaching the truth.' But, if you look at the 'truth's' they were teaching back than they weren't much different than other main stream religions of the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit