Glimmer of hope for my father?

by sparrow 3 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrow
    sparrow

First let me say - my father is a top bloke and always has been a down to earth kind of guy. I am DF'd but he treats me and my "worldly" wife like nothing has happened regarding the truth. He was himself an elder once and also DF'd once. He is still active with my stepmother.

Anyway last night we were watching a documentary on the pyramids. All of a sudden he comes out with "Russell was into the pyramids". I thought I was the only one that knew this in my family because of my research on the net since I've been out. I didn't want to go to far so I just asked why Russell used them to back up his date calculations - it has nothing to do with the bible. He commented that Russell initially thought that and then changed.

This doesn't seem much but my Dad is a smart guy so I was surprised. My whole life in "the truth" he has never said anything like this to me - but he continues to go. For a long time he has been critical of a lot of elders we know because they are out and out knobheads.

Is this the start of the end for him.....I hope so

• blondie
    blondie

It's only too late when you are dead.

Knowing the facts and acting on them are 2 different things. I knew the facts for ten years before I took the final step and left. Like straddling a picket fence that gets higher everyday, have to choose one side or the other eventually or suffer true pain.

Blondie

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I dunno but there's a show on the history channel. I think it was modern marvels on the history of blacksmithing or some such and they talked about nevacadwuzza taking the blacksmiths captive after they destroyed jerusalem... in 587... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Why not ask gently ask how he knows that?

He could say "from the proclaimers book" but I doubt it.

Could be a glimmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit