illegal cable

by ShirleyW 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Have any of you (especially those familiar with the JW's in the Jamaica, Queens congs in NYC) heard of the dubs subscribing to illegal cable. About ten or so years ago there was a big scam in the Queens area with a couple of elders who ran a bogus insurance scam, some were DF'd, was even mentioned here on the board, around that time a sister who is a hairdresser/teacher told me that she and her family had illegal HBO, why she pointed out that it was illegal i'll never know, but was just wondering did some " smart, insightful follower of Jehovah" figure out a way for the Christian Bros and SIs to get pay channels without paying? I know for a fact that this family has been caught up with because they can no longer subscribe to HBO even if they wanted to (legitimally) through Time Warner, unless they were given a certain amount of years and the time has run out.

Another thing that gets my goat with this Christian family is that as mentioned above the wife is a special ed teacher, doesn't that take a certain amount of years of college? I know she worked on her degree part time and finally finished about a year or two ago but she started teaching special ed WAY WAY before she even started on her degree ! ! Her husband is janitor with the NYC school system, and for some reason I have a feeling they got the hook up for their jobs. He stops way before quitting time and just goes to the nearest school to punch his time card in the evening, but being fair, being an employee of NYC system no matter in what capacity, it's very easy to get over, but wouldn;t a faithful servant of Jehoober look down on that?

Does anybody know how to report these two fine examples of Jehovah to the NY Bd. of Ed.? Anybody know any higher ups in the system, just boils my blood, just got me thinking after reading the entry about the Hyprocrites and the one yesterday about those that take advantage of others in the borg.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Time card fraud is stealing. Only the big-boys get to steal from the government. Janitors get surveillance when they are suspected of stealing time and fired when there is a basis of evidence.

Just write an anonymous note to your school board commissioner or whatever they call them in the burroughs, and wave bye-bye to the nice janitor.

• Carmel
    Carmel

.....or practice a tad bit of detachment and butt out! Why let it consume you? carmel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, compared to molesting children, I think stealing cable is actually a petty offense. However, this shows us what examples we are supposed to be following. Could you picture Jesus stealing cable?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit