Animal's trip 07

by animal 5 Replies latest jw friends

• animal
    animal

I put the pics from our trip last week up temporarily. I will be making a better page when I find some more time.

We left Phoenix early, when it was only 95 degrees.... went the back roads to and thru New Mexico... then up into Colorado. We lost the back brake on the Harely the first day and never did fix them... Harley dealers suck and won't put you in front of the line for service. Anyhow, we did good.. even doing Pikes Peak with only the front brake. We continued on zigzagging Colorado, up and down mountains.

One group of pictures shows the hailstorm we hit, and got stuck in.

Enjoy... I will be redoing the page with captions and the whole story later.

http://animal-pen.net/trips/trip07/

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Thanks for sharing Animal..brings back a lot of memories..we got to Sturgis one time right after the run..missed all the bikers..

I remember thinking when we first saw the mountains in Colorado.."I thought they would be bigger"!.

Then we got in them and our little Rambler station wagon barely made it up the mountain!..I was afraid I was going to have to get out and push..

Sure is pretty scenery isn't it.

Snoozy..looking forward to more pictures..

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Beautiful scenery, animal - wild, open country - that would be my kinda holiday location!

At least I can dream of being there by looking at your snaps :-)

• frozen one
    frozen one

Nice photos, Animal. You and I must have been in CO at about the same time. I was in Durango on the 4th of July. The only real bad weather I encountered was at Wolf Creek Pass. I had to turn around and spend the night in Pagosa Springs. That was a fun little town. Sorry to hear about your brake problem. I've had good luck with Harley shops when on the road. I needed a 40,000 mile service while in Durango. Showed up at the shop a little after 8 in the morning and by 8:30 my bike was being worked on. By 1:00 I was on the road again. The only Harley dealer I've had trouble with is the one here in town. Too bad I didn't know you were in the area around the same time. It would have been fun to meet.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Great pictures, beautiful scenery.

• animal
    animal

Thanks to all for the nice words about the pictures.... we document all of our trips.

We went over Independance Pass on the 4th of July, saw an oncoming storm and figured we were gonna get wet again. Coming down the mountain, we ran across a small town... real small... with a bunch of Harleys parked in a row. We stopped, it turned out to be an old biker bar from way back. After a few hours there talking to people, we headed into the storm. We got lucky... and shot right between 2 storms, and only got a few sprinkles.

The trips are fun tho, you never know what will happen, good or bad. I have had both over the years.

Last years trip is here, if you are interested..... http://animal-pen.net/trips/

Animal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit