Interesting conversation with someone in the borg

by veen 6 Replies latest jw friends

• veen
    veen

So I was working with this dude, a carpenter. He mentions that the DC is coming up next weekend and asks if I'm going to attend. I tell him no, because I don't believe any of it and he's totally shocked. He must have been of the opinion that I was one of those people who stopped going to meetings etc because I wanted to be a fornicating hedonist prepared for death at Armageddon, not because I had issues with the illogical nature of it all. Yada yada yada, he ends up saying the same old line I always seem to hear 'It's a good way to bring up your kids if nothing else'. To which I reply, 'Not if your kid dies from not having blood'. This is where it gets interesting. He goes on to tell me about how his son was in Great Ormond Street hospital to have an operation to sort out his downstairs mix up, he had a mangina kind of like Old Greg . The anesthetist said that he was going to give his son blood whether he liked it or not, which didn't go down too well with woodworking chum. After a low level ruck involving hospital staff, he forcibly removed his son from the hospital, thus condemning his son to a life without worthwhile sexual organs. Of course the benefit of that being his son was then unable to please the demons, or himself by masturbating. I just kept my mouth shut. Didn't mention Baal worship or anything. Veen

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

good way to bring up your kids?????

(No Apologies pulls out his soapbox)

Its a terrible way to raise a kid! Let's see, you can't associate with school mates cause they're "worldly", you stand out like a sore thumb because of not celebrating holidays, birthdays, saluting the flag, etc. Yeah that's great.

Then as you move on to high school, lets see, no choir, no band, (too many religious-themed events) no going out for sports, really, no extra-curricular activities. Then try to explain to your counselors how you are not interested in college, nope, you are going to be a full-time minister for Jehover!!!

What gets me is that like probably a lot of us here, I was a second-gen JW, so my parents( who grew up as more-or-less normal Lutherans) had no idea how bad their crazy religion messed up our childhood. Of course they drilled it into us, how we were "different" and we should be proud of being a lil JW in front of our class. Yeah...

And then of course, just dreading the possibility of encountering a classmate while out in service!!!

Yeah raising a kid as a JW, its really great!

No Apologies

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

What a truly SAD, SAD tale!!!! Ridiculous!!! I bet that kid has terrible, terrible issues, what a horrible thing to do to your child.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

sick, sick, sick...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so sad, so selfish, both the father for sacrificing his kid, and the god for demanding the sacrifice.

• Mincan
    Mincan

If I were that kid, around the time I grew enough to start wanting sex, I'd kill my father...

• bluebell
    bluebell

That is so wrong. What always stuns me is that at one time i'd have thought his actions commendable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit