Herbal lore, natural remedies, and information on fasting, and meditation

by MadTiger 5 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MadTiger
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Was there something you wanted to discuss?

Gary

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Can you make this link clickable??? And natural doesn't mean safe!

nj

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It definitely is true that one should be careful with herbal medicine. Indiscriminate use of herbs can in fact cause some problems. It is also true that it is illegal for anyone who is not a licensed physician to practice medicine (which I think leads to stagnation in that profession, since the licensing is designed to make sure the status quo never changes).

However, herbal medicine is safe and effective when used appropriately. Cleansing herbs will remove poisons, including other drugs, out of your body and thus allow healing from that. Other herbs help repair the liver, in turn allowing diseases to be prevented and occasionally cured (though it's illegal to actually use those words in herbal medicine, because the FDA's law states "Only a DRUG can prevent, treat, or cure any disease". However, that doesn't mean herbal and natural remedies are not worth a try, especially since allopathic medicine never cures anything and often fails in treating disease.

A word of advice: No forum is any substitute for a live doctor. It takes someone to actually see the patient in order to positively diagnose something. (I also think today's 10-minute doctor visit is not adequate to diagnose many conditions.) If you think you might have a medical condition, you should see a doctor who has some knowledge in that condition to get proper diagnosis. Only then can treatment be effective, regardless of whether you choose allopathic, natural, or blended medicine. If you have an established condition, then you can research that condition (and any natural remedies for it) on the Internet, and I recommend doing so from multiple sources.

• mcano420@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

Well the best natural remedy in the entire world is the Cannabis Plant. Plain and simple. But just like anything else in this world must be used with moderation. Now its not that it helps aleveate chronic pain. It take you from not thinking about it. Now some will say well it makes you retarded and not thinkin at all and this is true to some extent thats why there is the Indica strain and Sativa strain. One is a upper and one is a downer. But I tell you this. I have osteophyte arthritis in my back. shoulders, and hands. I have a deteration of discs in my Lumbar L4 and L5 discs. But yet I still work hard like a horse and I smoke to keep going. I run business in computers. I still have all normal brain function and mobility. Its just the powers that be classify this natural med. as illegal. We are forced from youth to follow their system of living.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I second WTWizard's comment. Often, herbalists and doctors resort to a false dichotomy argument: "they're wrong, therefore, I am right."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit