Too late or never too late ?

by slamming_vinyl 3 Replies latest jw friends

• slamming_vinyl
    slamming_vinyl

Hi all,

My names craig and I'm from England. When I was younger (I'm 23 now) my parents decided to join a congregation, and used to take me along, I used to have a regular nice chap who used to come visit me for regular book study to which I thoroughly enjoyed. After a while I got bored and rebelled against everything, i used to go out shoplifting, fornicate all sorts!!.

To this day My mum & my dad have gone their seperate ways and to this date they still have regular contact with the jehovahs witnesses here. Both go to kingdom halls now and again and have book studies.

Ive grown up a lot since then, ive moved away from my parents set up my own place, kept out of trouble, and doing nicely for my self. Now I feel a bit lost, a bit confused, especialy after New York tragedy and a few things Ive remebered about what the bible said about End of the days. This got me thinking about the Truth again, but I'm too scared to do anything about it, because a: Ive sinned hell of a lot and I still do (sleep with my girlfriend) to which I know is wrong until marriage. and b: Im scared to even pray to Jehovah, Ive tried a few times this week but failed.

Just need a little bit of guidance on what to do, I know at the end of the day I have got to do things for myself, but I find it very difficult.

regards
    craig

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hello Craig,

I do not think it is ever too late. However, think about all the times the JW's have predicted Armageddon. Too many.
    Do you really want to go back to a group of judgemental people, who will shun you at the first opportunity? It sounds
    like you may already be shunned. Is this christian? Is that what Jesus would do? No, of course not! He would try to
    help and encourage the person who needed it. Not throw them out for infractions.

If you have turned your life around and you really feel you need spirituality, look at other religions. There is nothing
    wrong with arming yourself with information and facts. Education is the key to learning what works best for you. The
    JW's are terrified that we will go out and find that there are many religions that are similar. My extended family and my
    mother are JW's. My sister and my father are DF'd. They are much happier. They do not have a "Jehovah will save
    us if we give ourselves to him". When I ask my family about the UN issue and the blood issue, they say, "Oh the
    brothers are imperfect. They are just making predictions". So I am supposed to live my life based upon a tried and
    failed approach!! No!!!

I urge you to re-think the urge to jump back in just because of September 11.

Good luck and best wishes.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Craig,

Avoid religion.

Join a volunteer organization or when you find yourself worrying about yourself or the world, do something good for someone near to you. Then, you change reality slightly towards the better. Its the best use of your time and energy and it is healing.

hugs

Joel

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Craig,

Im in the UK too..."up North"

I wonder why you are afraid to pray? Remember that JWs have told you that God is loving and forgiving? Just because you sleep with your g/friend, it doesnt mean he doesnt hear, or cant respond to your plea for guidance.

What you should do is realise that you should not panic because of world events. Human beings were not made to change their entire lives overnight, even JWs allow you 6 months or more nowadays from starting a bible study! Take your time to work out what you want to do.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit