UK HEROINE-Ex-JW launches help website

by DannyHaszard 5 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Top ranked on the news wire trumps WBTS summer convention PR propaganda Ex-Jehova's Witness launches help website
    The Argus.co.uk, UK - 1 8 minutes ago
    There are about 125000 Jehovah's Witnesses in Britain and more than six million worldwide, including tennis stars Serena and Venus Williams and musicians ... Ex-Jehova's Witness launches help website
    The Argus.co.uk, UK - 57 minutes ago
    Rachel, of Telscombe Cliffs, has revealed the decision was taken out of her hands by the dictates of the Jehovah's Witness hospital liaison committee. ... http://www.exjw-reunited.co.uk/ Ex-Jehova's Witness launches help website By Simon Barrett [email protected]

Rachel Underhill with twins Zoe and Kira

A mother who says she was forced to refuse a lifesaving blood transfusion while giving birth to twins has lifted the lid on life as a Jehovah's Witness. Rachel Underhill and her daughters Kira and Zoe survived to tell the tale - and left the faith a few years later. The 32-year-old is now dedicating herself to helping former members of the religion and has launched a website to provide support to ex-Witnesses. Seven years ago Rachel's case made headlines in The Argus when she rejected a blood transfusion during a caesarean section. Rachel, of Telscombe Cliffs, has revealed the decision was taken out of her hands by the dictates of the Jehovah's Witness hospital liaison committee. She said: "I was basically told in no uncertain terms that I could not have the transfusion. It was so scary. I was terrified they would let my babies die." Rachel's parents had been converted at the doorstep when she was aged three. She went on to marry David, a fellow member, but doubts had begun to set in. She said: "My sister got pregnant at 16 and was ignored by the church at the one time she needed support. I just didn't want myself or my children near these hypocritical people." In 2004, Rachel eventually faked having an affair with an old friend, knowing she would be driven out of the religion. She said: "Looking back to that day, I know I did the right thing. Mine and my children's lives are so much better and happier." A year after leaving the religion Rachel fell in love with Gerry D'Ambrosio - and they are now engaged. There are about 125,000 Jehovah's Witnesses in Britain and more than six million worldwide, including tennis stars Serena and Venus Williams and musicians Prince and Hank Marvin. Followers accept medical and surgical treatment but believe blood transfusion is forbidden in the Bible. Rachel added: "I decided to start this website to help people who have either experienced or who are experiencing the same things." Paul Gillies, spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses, said: "The hospital liaison committee is there to help. "Jehovah's Witnesses who choose not to have a blood transfusion have to sign to prove they do not want one and the committee is only there for support. "It would never force someone into refusing a blood transfusion." Rachel's website is at www.exjw-reunited.co.uk http://www.exjw-reunited.co.uk/ CHECK OUT Rachel's SITE Rachel you are a heroine after my own heart Simon Barrett [email protected] write reporter

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Top ranked on the news wire trumps WBTS summer convention PR propaganda

Ex-Jehova's Witness launches help website
    The Argus.co.uk, UK - 1 8 minutes ago
    There are about 125000 Jehovah's Witnesses in Britain and more than six million worldwide, including tennis stars Serena and Venus Williams and musicians ... Ex-Jehova's Witness launches help website
    The Argus.co.uk, UK - 57 minutes ago
    Rachel, of Telscombe Cliffs, has revealed the decision was taken out of her hands by the dictates of the Jehovah's Witness hospital liaison committee. ... http://www.exjw-reunited.co.uk/ HER PAGE Ex-Jehova's Witness launches help website By Simon Barrett [email protected]
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    have either experienced or who are experiencing the same things." Paul Gillies, spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses, said: "The hospital liaison committee is there to help. "Jehovah's Witnesses who choose not to have a blood transfusion have to sign to prove they do not want one and the committee is only there for support. "It would never force someone into refusing a blood transfusion."

Liar!

• anglise
    anglise

Thankyou for picking this 1 up Danny

I have just emailed this to the editor

Thankyou for publishing this story. They use very heavy emotional blackmail to make people obey their numerous rules including their "No blood policy" If you disobey you are either disfellowshipped by the congregation body of elders or are deemed to have disassociated yourself. The consequences of both theses actions is to find oneself completely cut off and isolated from any JW family, friends or work colleagues. Under the duress of suffering the same penalty themselves the JW will not talk to, contact in any way or even nod a greeting to you. To them you are dead. The only contact you are allowed is "necessary family business" (as stipulated by the Watch Tower Society) ie family bereavement which they are allowed to tell you about. I dont think they can truly say that they dont use force to make members obey . I was a witness for 20 years

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.topix.net/forum/who/jehovahs-witnesses/TLUMTFB979FMG97F0/p28#lastPost also posted at topix Former Jehovah’s Witness offers online support to past and present ...
    Inspire Magazine, UK - 7 hours ago
    A former Jehovah’s Witness has launched a new website to help past and present members of the religion. Rachel Underhill was once so committed a Jehovah’s ... http://www.inspiremagazine.org.uk/news.aspx?action=view&id=1445

Former Jehovah’s Witness offers online support to past and present members

A former Jehovah’s Witness has launched a new website to help past and present members of the religion.

Rachel Underhill was once so committed a Jehovah’s Witness she refused a life-saving blood transfusion when the birth of her twins didn’t go according to plan. She is now dedicating herself to helping former members of the religion and has launched www.exJW-Reunited.co.uk to provide support and information.

Rachel left the faith three years ago after almost 30 years as a believer. She finally managed to escape the many abuses she was experiencing and witnessing when she faked an affair, thereby forcing the religion to ‘disfellowship’ her.

The website is the UK’s first online resource offering support to others going through similar traumas to those she experienced. It enables former and current Jehovah’s Witnesses to access a forum where they can share issues and contact old friends.

“When I left the Jehovah’s Witnesses, I found it really difficult to adjust and couldn’t find help anywhere,” Rachel explains.

“Those early days were so difficult and I've always felt that if I could have talked to someone, or e-mailed someone who was going through the same thing, it would have helped me so much. That’s why I decided to start this website.”

Visitors to the website can also read Rachel’s own dramatic, personal story of life in the Jehovah’s Witnesses and how she managed to pick up the pieces after leaving the religion.
    In the 2001 UK census, 70,651 people in England and Wales identified themselves as Jehovah’s Witnesses. Perhaps best known for knocking on doors seeking converts, their beliefs differ from those of mainstream Christians most notably because they do not accept Jesus is God, believing instead that while he is first of God’s creations and God’s son, he is not God himself.

They also believe mainstream Protestant and Catholic groups are under the supervision and control of the devil.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    More from the UK past 12 hours on JW's Geldof's fury over BBC plans to film Paula's final days
    Telegraph.co.uk, United Kingdom -
    He was a source of great strain to his mother, and his first wife became a Jehovah's Witness, which is a form of mental suicide....
    Mandela the movie will tell it like it is Nelson Mandela has been all but canonised since his release from prison 17 years ago, but the British dramatist William Nicholson will controversially portray the former president of South Africa as a profoundly flawed human being in a forthcoming film about his life. "He was politically magnificent, but there was also a dark side to him," says Nicholson, whose credits include Gladiator. "He screwed around like a rabbit on acid in his early life. When you are that committed to the struggle you destroy everyone else around you and that is what happened with him. He was a one-man disaster zone. He was a source of great strain to his mother, and his first wife became a Jehovah's Witness, which is a form of mental suicide. I even think Winnie's subsequent collapse was down to this aspect of him." Nicholson first became involved with the film project five years ago, and since then the screenplay, based on his own research and Mandela's autobiography Long Walk to Freedom, has been through several hands before finally coming back to him. He says that the South African producer Anant Singh hopes to start filming next year.

"He screwed around like a rabbit on acid in his early life. When you are that committed to the struggle you destroy everyone else around you and that is what happened with him. He was a one-man disaster zone. He was a source of great strain to his mother, and his first wife became a Jehovah's Witness, which is a form of mental suicide. I even think Winnie's subsequent collapse was down to this aspect of him."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit