Jer 29:10 in the Swedish 2003 NWT

by Doug Mason 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

In a previous thread, Rosa asked for scans of Jer 29:10 from the 2003 Swedish NWT and from the Dutch NWT.

I have provided a scan of the page from Swedish NWT at:

http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/Jer_29-10_Swedish_2003_NWT.pdf

Please note that the file has two pages -- the Title page and the page with Jer 29:10.

I give you my word that this is the page referred to by COJ.

I will provide a scan of the page from the Dutch NWT when I receive it.

Doug

• Augustin
    Augustin

Dear Doug,

Thanks. But I guess you mean the Danish (not Dutch) NWT.

Now, this is a (more or less) word-for-word translation (Swedish -> English) of the Swedish edition of Jer 29:20:

"Because this is what Jehovah has said: 'When seventy years have gone for Babylon shall I turn my attention to you, and I shall towards you confirm my good word through taking you back to this place'"

Regards

-- Augustin --

• TheNaturalStep
    TheNaturalStep

My translation of the same text :), almost the same as Augustin’s, that makes me wonder r you from sweden august? Thus, this is what Jehovah has said: When 70 years have passed for Babylon, i shall turn my attention to you, and I shall toward you fortify my good words by taking you back to this place.

• Augustin
    Augustin

Not from 'Sverige', but able to read 'svenska' :) Thanks for your more accurate translation.

-- A. --

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

If you need someone to read/translate norwegian, danish or swedish, I can help (I`m norwegian). Ask, and you shall receive...

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good Job!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Another primary source: http://www.watchtower.org/z/bibeln/index.htm

Jeremia 29: 10 ”Ty detta är vad Jehova har sagt: ’När sjuttio år har gått för Babylon skall jag vända min uppmärksamhet till er, och jag skall gentemot er befästa mitt goda ord genom att föra er tillbaka till denna plats.’

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Word-for-word translation of Jeremiah 29.10 (see AnnoMalys post above):

For this is what Jehovah has said: When 70 years have passed for Babylon shall I turn my attention to you, and I shall towards you confirm my good word by leading you back to this place.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Augustin,

Yes, you are correct. I should have written "Danish".

Please excuse my brain fade.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit