Friendly,Outgoing,Gossipy Elder's Wives.....,

by JonnieMae 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JonnieMae
    JonnieMae

Have you noticed that Elder's wives are so friendly that they get a lot of information from the other sisters and go right to their husband (Congregation overseer) with the info? It's no wonder the elders seen to know so much. Do you seem to have a simular situation in your congregation?

• Xena
    Xena

If the US had a spy network set up as good as the elder's wives the World Trade Center incident NEVER would have happened!

• Kent
    Kent

Well, get them to bed! They love getting laid, and they don't tell. Then they lose their "status" - and you can do whatever you want aftewords, with no worries.

Believe me :)

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Moxy
    Moxy

sometimes this cuts both ways. a rather humorous episode in this area transpired when an elder's wife was out with friends and got a bit tipsy and revealed things about her husband she shouldnt have. he was removed as a result.

mox

• Satanus
    Satanus

Kent

Sounds like you know about what you are talking.

S

• Xena
    Xena

Yea Kent is that the voice of experience? lol or do you not kiss and tell???

• Angharad
    Angharad

I also think the elders use their wives to makes things common knowledge. The elders, tell their wives things that they shouldn't about people in the congregation, and then suprise surprise everyone knows. Perfect gossip machine.

a lot of them will either be told things they shouldn't, or they make out they know things, because like alot of elders they like the position.

• JonnieMae
    JonnieMae

You got that right. You don't know the Bristols do you?

• Simon
    Simon

Don't think so - I think there are probably 'Bristols' in every congregation.

(there was a sister in our's with a lovely pair of bristols )

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

How familiar this is. My father is an Elder. Several years ago my husband and I had a disagreement with my parents over something that they were SO SURE was scriptural. When my husband told my father he was dead wrong and to prove to him from the bible where he was right, his reply to my husband was, " well, If I was not right, I would be removed as an Elder" Then my mother pipes up and says" Yes, and I am an Elders wife, I have to make sure I am correct or my husband could be removed" something to that effect. True story. Anyway, my parents said that would have to " research " the subject. Well guess what? Never heard anything about it again.

So much for being humble servants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit