Saw my first magazines in 20 years tonight

by rose petal 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• rose petal
    rose petal

My partner was out getting pizza and brought back the Awake with the WT tucked in (that bit I remember). They were Sept 06 ones and he found them in a shopping trolley! He brought them home to show me. Is it my eyes or my imagination, or are they smaller than they used to be? As I said it's been awhile. rose petal

• noni1974
    noni1974

I don't know if they are smaller but a few weeks ago I saw some in a local restaurant and I picked them up and ripped them in half and tossed them in the trash.I got some weird looks for it but I felt really good doing it.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I used to see them all the time at a laundry mat,next door to the Chinese Restrauant I go to. For the past several years, I would go into the laundry mat, while waiting for my food and stick stickers on the mags that said..."Example of Cult Propaganda" with FreeMinds web site, or "Protect Jehovah's Witness Children" with Silent Lambs web site.

But the last few times I went in, there hasn't been any Watchtower and Awakes, just Oprah, Family Circle and Womens's Day.

I don't know if the laundry mat is throwing them out, or the JW's quit leaving them.

lisa

• 5go
    5go
    I don't know if they are smaller but a few weeks ago I saw some in a local restaurant and I picked them up and ripped them in half and tossed them in the trash.I got some weird looks for it but I felt really good doing it.

That was a bit psyco just toss them.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

That was a bit psyco just toss them.

Nah! Not psycho - just making sure that no one else is able to trashcan-dive and retrieve them. I used to do laundry at the laundromat, and they would be there scattered about. I would discreetly make the rounds, gathering them up - quietly ripping them in half, and depositing them in the trashcans. If someone was reading them (not many would), then I would wait for them to put them down, then 'trashcan' them. If I recall correctly, they used to be about 30 to 32 pages in content. They may have gone to a thinner type of paper, which would make them look thinner. Or - they may not be 32 pages anymore. Regards, Jim TX

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Saw my first magazines in 20 years tonight

I know it's hard, but please resist the temptation to wash out your eyes with bleach.

W

• 5go
    5go
    Nah! Not psycho - just making sure that no one else is able to trashcan-dive and retrieve them. I used to do laundry at the laundromat, and they would be there scattered about. I would discreetly make the rounds, gathering them up - quietly ripping them in half, and depositing them in the trashcans. If someone was reading them (not many would), then I would wait for them to put them down, then 'trashcan' them. If I recall correctly, they used to be about 30 to 32 pages in content. They may have gone to a thinner type of paper, which would make them look thinner. Or - they may not be 32 pages anymore. Regards, Jim TX

Ok, then set the trash can on fire because they might tape them back together again. Or, read just the part about sending a letter to 666 Columbian Heights, Crooklyn, New York 54321 for a bible hacking.

• 5go
    5go

If I recall correctly, they used to be about 30 to 32 pages in content. They may have gone to a thinner type of paper, which would make them look thinner. Or - they may not be 32 pages anymore.

Nope it's the paper it has just a little more weight the toilet paper but not much. In a diaster they would make a great alternative should TP supplies be cut.

• deeskis
    deeskis

My parents have them all over the house when I visit. I'm sure they are much smaller in size than when I was a teenager. Maybe it's an Oz thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit