Dubs Upstaged By New Door-to-Door Apocalyptic Religion

by Stephanus 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Interesting experience in a local blog (I thought of the Dubs with those "well dressed" and "Apocalypse" comments):

Discussion I had with 2 Australian Conservation Foundation pan handlers this week.

ACFPH 1: As you know there’s a lot of concern with global warming, water, erosion blah, blah, blah… (at this point I rolled my eyes and lent against a wall)

ME: Yep.

ACFPH 1: What issues are you worried about?

ME: None. (Wish I’d said islamofascism and the Wallabies front row)

ACFPH 1 (incredulous): So you’re not worried about anything???

ME: Nup. I think global warming is a load of crap. I’m going to have to ask you guys to leave.

ACFPH 2: Aaaaaaaah so you’ll still be here when the WORLD DIES???!!!

ME: Yes, I will. See you later guys.

(ACFPH 1&2 storm out and slam office door.)

Quite confusing really. I was so steamed up, I couldn’t say all the things I’d wanted to say. Bastards caught me by surprise by being well dressed. I’d guessed they were going to ask about changing phone carrier. I’m just glad we both assume I’m going to survive the apocalypse.

N.B. The comment by ACFPH 2 - is Global Warming the new Armageddon?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!..Steph my man!..How you do`in??..LOL!!..We Dubs have our own private Armageddon..It`s going to be just Horrible..Our God is way too Mean for just, Globel Warming!..This Dude is into some Serious Carnage,of Biblicale Proportion!..He wanted to do it in 1975..But..The WBT$ made him call it off..Without the WBT$ God would`nt have a job,so he does as he`s told by the WBT$.....Normally anyone who wants to get to God,has to go through Jesus..But..The WBT$ fired Jesus,he works at a Sushi Restaraunt now.....LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hey Outlaw! Thanks for taking pity on my lonely thread and trying to save it from lonely oblivion! LOL

There's been a bit of discussion of late about how global warming fears are beginning to take on the form of a religion: it has prophets, an Apocalypse, a code of behaviour, rituals, and now, it seems, pairs going door to door, Dub style. There's been many a time a Dub at the door has met my skepticism with the attitude that they'll be particularly happy to see the carrion fowl feeding on my carcase after Armageddon, an attitude I see reflected in the statement: "Aaaaaaaah so you’ll still be here when the WORLD DIES???!!!"

But..The WBT$ fired Jesus,he works at a Sushi Restaraunt now...

Interesting thought: Jesus is the Elvis of the Dub movement. He's dead, but still around (but not in any way that he asserts any influence...)

• 5go
    5go

I say why stop global warming I am having such great out of season weather I'll take it.

Though the now year round mosquito problem sucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit