re Milton Keynes

by Jim Dee 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

An update on the Bethel moving to MK

There was a very high powered meeting at the Holiday Inn in MK on Friday. (The Holiday Inn used to be the THF, rebranded a few weeks ago). I was "earwigging it" from another table where I had a meeting.

They met with some "high Ups" from Milton Keynes Development section and were discussing a new site between Furzton and Crown Hill (Not far from the Prisonm and BT's training Centre). They were discussing access roads and who was paying for the construction. Present at this meeting was a guy called "White" - seemed to work with the council and had a lot to say.

Couldn't identify the bods from Bethel, but they were going into great legalistic detail on the councils responsibilities and what the council was going to pay for, impact on the environment and the voters reaction etc etc.

Seems MK is on the radar scope of Bethel

Jim

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Jim,

Welcome to the board, please make yourself at home and please let us 'hear' from you when you can.

Thanks for the post.

Please keep us up-to-date with developments.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Steven
    Steven

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your info. We used to live in MK and at the time there were rumours of an assembly hall being built there; although this never happened.

Please keep us informed if you hear anything.

Do you live in MK and are you still an active JW (we are newly disassociated).

S&L

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

Hi Fellow brits

I live near to MK. well in Essex which is not that far away. I had to visit the Bethel last year to take some "friends" there.They were on about that then.I am not active anymore and at the moment,not DSF or DA, (so you can talk to me!!!!)

UO

• montag
    montag

For Milton Keynes related issues you might like to try this new site at . http://www.mkchat.net

montag

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oncle onion,

So you're an Essex man! I have very fond memories of that county. Had a great cricket team a few years back. Ahh, those 3 scimitars!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit