blowing stuff up

by bigdreaux 5 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i will admit, i act like a kid when i get fireworks. new years and 4th of july are my favorite holidays. you get to drink and blow stuff up. who's with me, and, what are your favorite fireworks to play with?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

As I grew up as a JW, I never had the opportunity to personally handle fireworks. Only time since then was when we shot aerials off a beach in Hawaii on Dec. 31, 1999. BTW, that was the fireworks experience to end all fireworks experiences. Hawaii always goes big on fireworks and firecrackers on New Year's Eve, but that was absolutely incredible. I told my BF and his kids you had to be in Hawaii for the big millennium fireworks, and they all saw I wasn't kidding! It was a total war zone! People were shooting aerials off freeway overpasses, from rooftops everywhere, from the streets, from fields, everywhere you go....I saw so many fireworks that night when I went back my room I hallucinated them....they were burned that much into my head...

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

no kidding? i'll have to make a trip out there for new years. my kinda place.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i thought u meant inflatable women...my bad

• poppers
    poppers

I remember once taking the powder out of 5 packs of firecrackers and combining it with some homemade stuff in a heavy cardboard tube and then lighting a fuse to it. My stuff caused it to dance across my driveway and onto the lawn and then blow up, which is probably a good thing. It was a tremendously loud explosion, leaving about a 3" deep hole in the ground and more than a foot across and a gigantic cloud of smoke hanging in the air. Every house for blocks opened their door to see what happened. Fortuanately I never got a visit by the police. If that happened today I'd probably be put in jail. By the way, I was 32 years old at the time!

• juni
    juni

I only do sparklers..... but, my son and son in law (one year) did get drunk and shot off everything. My son had bought a trunk load of fireworks in the south bigdreaux. hee heeeeee!

They were shooting stuff off and giving "praise" to every president and some first ladies and other non presidents. I can't repeat here what they were saying.... anyway the next day they had a lot of paper to pick up after they sobered up.

It is fun dreaux. Just don't lose a body part though.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit