Yesterday

by Haereticus 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Years ago young JW Finns were detained for refusing military service. The option of serving a non-governmental organization instead was a no-no for us. The time I served was two years four months and fifteen days hard labour (1965-68) and I have not regretted any of that before yesterday.

For almost thirty years I have not been in contact with JW but as my youngest left home I started more active Internet surfing and chatting. It was when I run across this UN DPI hypocrisy that I felt betrayed. Not only the fact what they have done but the local opinions that belittle this deed. Until yesterday my feelings were slightly warmer towards JW than any other group but this UN DPI is something I cannot cope with.

Phenomena I noticed is that local JW were quite actively in Internet untill few months ago. I understood that they were told to refrain from that activity and devote time to field service. This UN DPI has raised the number of pro JW opinions immediately but nicks and text gives you an idea that the writer is "close to", "frend of" JW etc.

I am glad that I have beel able to resist any bitter feelings even this long considering that today JW Finns are freed from military. Which privilege was gained by the fact that earlier generations adhered to a Biblical principles and did not serve any non- or governmental organizations.

I just had to write this to ease my feelings towards my past.

Haereticus

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello,

Yes, although I have been out of the JWs for a couple of years, I was shocked to read about the Society's involvement with the UN/NGOs. We never thought they would do something this brazen!

I would advise you to keep reading and learning about the real history of the WTS. There is plenty of information on the internet, and I would suggest that you read books written by ex-witnesses too. One very good book is called "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz. He is not bitter, yet he saw many things that happened in the organisation that most brothers and sisters would not.

Welcome to this site!

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Hi Prisca

Thank you for welcoming. I should not expect any difficulties besides language. (A heap of strange abbreviations and idioms.) This NGO/DPI did activate me, just mailed a letter to my JW sister and eagerly waiting for the reaction.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Welcome

If you don't understand the idiums ask what they mean. I've done that before.

I was wondering when the witnesses would ban the internet. Seems reasonable that they would do that. Makes me laugh. What are they afraid of, hmmmm?

Read and get involved my friend. You will be amazed at what you will learn.

Do read "Crisis of Conscience".

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

• siegswife
    siegswife

I was like you, I knew that some of the JW's teachings weren't right, but I wasn't really angry or bitter at them. I tried hard NOT to be. After finding this site,reading some of the accounts of people who were raised in the bOrg (I was not) and finding out about the UN/NGO situation I'm kinda angry at these people. I hope they're completely exposed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit