statistics

by dust 7 Replies latest jw friends

• dust
    dust

Hello friends.

We've been to the District Convention and heard some statistics: 6.5 million publishers, 1.3 billion hours in 2006, 28.5 million copies of the WT. This supposedly proves that the Witnesses are the real followers of Christ.

Some time ago, I can't remember if it was here on the forum or somewhere else, I saw some statistics about another organization that was far more impressive than this. Can anyone help?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I believe the Jews for Jesus are kicking the WT's ass.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Who cares about those number. I'd lie all the time about my time and mags. placed as did my ex-pioneer wife. I know tons of pioneers that lie about thier time. How about these numbers, 607 vs. 587 or how about 1975!!!!!!!!!!!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

As far as other organisations go, I think that I saw a post refering to the growth of Starbucks vs Watchtower.

It might also be worth checking out McDonalds's website for some statistics.

That might fly in the face of the WT argument that growth shows God's blessing !

• dust
    dust

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've promised an elder some feedback about the convention (as I've never been a JW, but he sure wants me to become one). So I bounce this to the top. :)

• AlphaOmega
  • dust
  • Illyrian
    Illyrian

I really wonder what first Christian fathers would have said to that. But if statistics are to go by then Catholic Church is certainly the only true religion with 1,114,966,000 follower world wide and has existed for the most part of the last 2000 years since Christs' death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit