Why return to the "New World"?

by hamsterbait 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

After years of hawking "New Order" and "New System of Things", why are the WTBCS using a term that to my ears at least sounds antiquated?

Has the writing committee got different personnel again. So can we expect the return of other ideas??

"New World" is used noticably often in the August 1 WT.

p10: "The apportioning of the land will have its final fulfilment in the NEW WORLD"

p18: "The peaceful country setting seemed like a glimpse of the NEW WORLD."

p20: "I would have liked to continue with you until God's promised NEW WORLD."

Are they emphasising this new wording to tie in with new political buzzwords heard more in the news? Then they can say "our predictions are true" (Like they pretended God revealed the name "UNITED NATIONS" to them in the midst of WWII ??)

HB (declaring the WT is "Hot Breath " class)

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

You know, I wondered why they didn't go back sooner when George Bush Sr. started using "New World Order" so much.It sounded pretty creepy because it's pretty much the "One World Order" that they are working so hard to achieve. It doesn't take a JW to see that shaping up, but you'd a thought JW's woulda recoiled at the use of "their" term!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit