Does more pain = more gain?

by ThomasCovenant 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Gain is the demise of the WT

Pain is more deaths from no blood, more disfellowshippings due to apostasy etc.

The reason I ask? When the blood issue came up in my family it forced me to leave.

If a family have a disfellowshipping in the household because of 'apostasy', otherwise known as expressing doubts, or because of immorality, would this make other family members start to doubt the benefits of continuing in their halfhearted belief.

If the Society eased up on disfellowshipping and the blood issue then many more will think 'it's not all bad I'll stay in it and just do the bare minimum'. The more hardline the Society the more members will get fed up and leave.

Therefore is it better in the long run that people are suffering now ?

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

PS I hope this has come across in the correct manner in which it is meant. Obviously I don't want people to suffer.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I totally understand what you are getting at, thomas.

The more hardline and dominating/controlling the WTBTS gets, the more that witnesses will hopefully start seeing how unloving and unreasonable they are...

However, because now that they've made so many doctrines a conscience matter, they might view that as them ''lightening the load''.

As a dub, they are programmed to only view the WTBTS in a positive light...I think only those who were already free thinkers or independent can really listen to their doubts...the rest just ignore those doubts because that is what they are trained to do -cognitive dissonance.

I do hope that the Society becomes so strict that they wake up, and I dont want any of the dubs to suffer either...but that's what it might take to shake them up...

great topic, thomas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit