Jesus just phoned...

by AlphaOmega 3 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Here's the scenario:

Jesus just 'phoned you.

alt

He said, "Dad's just gone out and left me in charge of everything. He told me not to make any long distance phone calls, but I'm stuck and I need your help. As you all know from the JWs, I'm coming back soon. The thing is that when I get back, I have to stick with tradition and have 12 disciples again. I so busy up here that I'd like you to choose them for me."

He then tells you that you should keep in the same style as last time he was here. He doesn't want the big name preachers or those that consider themselves to be the spiritually elite. He's looking for the everyday Joe and Joanne. He wants the honest hearted outcasts, the truthseeking cynics and the misfits.

Who would be on your list? Who would be Judas ?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would tell him: "Hey I got enought things to do, then spend tons of time with a bunch of 12 morons trying to save the world by indoctrinating people to beleive,, find some one else, Yeah I know we all want to save the world, which reminds me, how did your death save the world? I mean is God a real sicko or what?" Jesus then hangs up the phone and I get a mild shock in my ear.

• garybuss
    garybuss

It reminders me of the story of Chuck Chamberlain giving a speech at Palo Alto and he was interrupted by a long distance phone call. When he returned to finish his speech he was asked about the call and he said there's good news and bad news.

The friend in the audience asked: "What's the good news?"

Chuck said: "The call was from Jesus."

"What did he say?"

Chuck: "He said he has returned."

"What's the bad news?"

Chuck: "The call came in from Salt Lake."

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Chuck: "The call came in from Salt Lake."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest