Family reunion time ...aka let the stomach ache begin

by troubled mind 1 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My witness MIL just called to say they are here from Florida for the family reunion this Sunday .Which is mostly older worldly relatives . My(step) father in law is an elder and my(step) brother in law is an elder . One other brother in law is a witness too ,but has aworldly wife and associates w/us regularly . Last year I was all worried because I had just told my MIL we were inactive ,but all went well they even invited us down to their home for a visit which we did no problems .Surpised everything went so well . They even invited their DF'd younger son to the reunion .

So since our visit last summer we have heard from them twice ,once she called and talked to my husband when my mom died . Today she called to let us know they came inearly so they can go to KH tonight to visit with all their friends . When I asked if we were all going to get together at her (worldly ) brothers house again like we did last year she hemmed and hawwed about no definite plans . Then she said we could come along to dinner Saturday w/them and their DF'd sons family if we wanted ......

I think reading between the lines what she is trying to say is "Witness family members will be at the house so don't come over unannounced and make them uncomfortable .If you want to see us come to meeting tonight .Otherwise just come to the reunion with the rest of the worldly relatives ."

Awww I feel so loved .......

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Remember, just like rats and snakes - they are more afraid of you then you are of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit