Convention look boring

by kwr 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwr
    kwr

I was able to watch some of the convention for 2007 on youtube and they look boring. Do they just have three days of different programs or do they just repeat the same program Friday, Sat & Sun?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

different titles, same BS.

steve

• 5go
    5go
    I was able to watch some of the convention for 2007 on youtube and they look boring. Do they just have three days of different programs or do they just repeat the same program Friday, Sat & Sun?

Honestly when was the last time you heard anything other than GB are Good and the only game in town, Apostates are Scum, Paradise is coming it's gonna be here soon, and my favorite bible has all the answers but you need the GB to interupt them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is by now a well known fact that JW conventions are terribly repetitive, dull and uninspired and there is nothing worse than having to attend them on hot summer days. Even worse they are highly manipulative and those attending get mind conditioned even further eg education is bad, obey the FDS so as not to displease jehovah and lose paradise earth.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

They are boring. I used to figure out how many minutes each part was supposed to be and cheer over the "saved" minutes if the talk ran a bit shorter. I would make a tally mark every 60 seconds of the program.

• bethlehem
    bethlehem

the same spiritual food, no deserts, zombies nodding thei heads, praise yah, elder FBI agents pop up over your head when you least expected, and of coure Jesus is not invited.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

ROFL, Mysterious! I used to do the same thing! Remember how the last talk on Sunday always went overtime? Cause the one thing I want to do after sitting and listening to non-stop droning for three days is listen to some bigshot from Bethel spew more S**T about how wonderful the GB is for twenty minutes past the end of the session! *PUKE VOMIT*

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

50% of the content of the assemblies these days seems to be just experiences and demonstrations.

"Look at me, I'm so righteous...I turned down a big promotion and got blessed by Jehovah with 4 bible studies, one of which is getting baptized tomorrow!"

"Look at me, I'm so righteous...I read 10 chapters of the NWT every day and havn't missed a meeting in 10 years!"

"Look at me, I'm so righteous...I've been in the truth for 40 years and have regular pioneered the last 20!"

blah, blah, blah. Same old stuff every assembly and convention.

This kind of boring fluff is what the Society imagines really gets the crowd fired up to do more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit