About my new friends

by cyberdyne systems 101 4 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Life after being a JW is so hard at times - I know many of you can relate to that. I thought I'd share my experience with you all. I've met two of the best mates I could ever have dreamt of, although they are quite a lot younger than me they have older heads upon young shoulders, and at the time we've met we're at similar places to each other. I've known them over a year and we have built up a close friendship between the 3 of us, they genuinely look out for me as I stagger around still finding my feet outside of the cocoon. My life has become quite happy since gaining such friends, and although even recently i've had a few down episodes, i can really see the clouds lifting and life feeling better and having purpose again. You never know whats round the corner, but every now and again something good is coming.

I wish all of you true happiness and peace

CS 101

• free2think
    free2think

Thats so good CS101. I'm so glad you have people in your life that are so supportive and there for you. Feels good to huh.

• brinjen
    brinjen

It's great when you finally find real friends isn't it? Very happy for you.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

CS 101,

It's great to have friends who have unconditional love and friendship for us. You don't get that in the BORG.

nj

• anewme
    anewme

That is so good to hear! I too have found three friends since leaving the borg and count myself very happy too! The love and support is wonderful and healing. The give and take is immensely satisfying.

But I also value the forum here, as no one out there could tolerate the amount of counseling and hearing ear I seem to continually need to recover from 35 years in the Watchtower prison.

I consider this forum to be a "friend".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit