my roommate's response to elder for saying not to believe the internet

by oppgirl63 5 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Last Friday my roommate wrote a very nice letter to the elder who told her not to believe everything she reads on the internet. She basically told them that it was not just on the internet and that it was the truth and she would not be donating any money to finance such a thing. She also included the 14 page Rick Mclean case that I printed for her off of Silent Lambs. She put it in a big envelope and stuck it in the Kingdom Hall door. I'm going to take the advice you all gave me last week and contact a few papers to see if I can get a copy of the newpaper sent with the artice in it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good girl! When I have the chance, I like to tell JW's about my adventures on the internet to sites they could not possibly object to, such as bible word pronunciation sites, searchable bibles, and the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I don't remember, but is she a JW or just studying?

If she is a JW she should be ready for a JC and if studying they might end all contact. I hope all goes well for her.

nj

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

She is a baptized JW. I wonder too if they will call her in to talk to her. I don't really care if she's in or out...it doesn't matter to me. I just want her to know why I think the the JW's are no better than anyone else like they claim to be. That's why I tell her the things I've found out. I told her I would stop talking to her about these things if she wanted me to and she told me that she wanted to know the truth.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I told her I would stop talking to her about these things if she wanted me to and she told me that she wanted to know the truth.

I'm so happy for you and your friend oppgirl63.

You may have saved both of your lives.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I wonder too if they will call her in to talk to her.

The question isn't if they will call, it's when. But i'm so glad you have talked to her and she's wised up about the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit