what about the dateline/pedophile show?

by crittersitter 8 Replies latest jw friends

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

after all the recent events happening around us , i was wondering if any have kept an eye out for the dateline series on the peds in wtbs.
    the way it's going this could end up being a mini-series about the "uncovering" of more wtbs lies and deceit.
    the UN thing sure was a shocker. can the pedophile issue be any less shocking to the r& f??
    my own sister said she was sure the GB thought it over very carefully before they "joined". she is right ...they just did not bother to tell the lower classes of mag pushers and had no idea that they would catch on. well, only some have been disturbed. the majority , i believe, will buy all of the spin on this..and there will be spin and damage control! I wonder if Bill Clinton is on the payroll...he could talk his way out of this...." I did not have sex with the UN" lol
    critter...
    shaving dogs class

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Critter:

Gotta disagree with ya in one respect:

Clinton would not say "I did not have sex with the UN"..

His response would be, "Define Sex"..

Of course, to be fair to Clinton, he did later come out and say that he had "inappropriate relations".. Wanna put a wager on if the WT comes out with a statement even remotely close to an admission of "wrongdoing"?

Even Clinton isn't as Slimy as the WT.. (Not that I think Clinton is a gem by any standards!!!)

Otherwise perfect, especially the part about a mini-series...!!! Maybe someone can come up with a name for the series!!!!

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

well, i cain't quote to save my life, but i'm glad you got the jist of my post.
    but what about the show?
    oh...and a huge thanks to all of the folks who posted info on the UN thing.
    i sent a copy of the UN fax to an editor at a local paper who just happens to be a jw..
    small town so i doubt it will get any coverage but perhaps will get the gossip ball rolling..we can count on that fer ser
    critter

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Crittersitter,

The Dateline show is 'on hold' for the time being. I believe it is ready to go, but with recent world events, has temporarily been held back and is scheduled for future airing...perhaps at the end of the year, or early next year.

I think that this issue should stand alone, and not be combined with any other issues, i.e. the UN NGO status - that way it will receive the full hour programming it so deserves.

I'll be certain to e-mail you when a definite Dateline air time is announced, just in case you miss it on this forum.

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

thanx zazu....
    and you are right...the pedophile issue deserves full attention ... would be nice without commercials too!
    That subject alone should shake jw's to the roots..i hope it does. my youngr sis (#2) has a son who has been accused of molestation ..even by his own cousins. I have only recently learned of some of this and there is thinking that perhaps his grandfather or uncle(both jw's) may had molested the boy as a toddler, resulting in this behavior. needless to say, being on the outside I had not been privy to much info about the situation. this has caused a lot of problems in the family and the kh they attend..
    sad, but they believe it is the "truth" no matter what goes on. i do believe the boy has had some jail time for another offense, and one niece has had to have therapy.
    it's heart breaking no matter the religious affiliation
    critter

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

ZaZu,
    You are right,Dateline is ready to go but was bumped by Terrorism,
    War,and Anthrax.
    It's going to air, no doubt at all about that.
    Dateline has invested much time and money on this story.They will air
    it when they feel it will have the most impact.

Ranchette

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello All,

It may be better to air the Dateline show after this terrorism problem because people's sense of danger will be hightened to secret, high-end control groups, like the WTS.

CornerStone

• Jourles
    Jourles

Critter said:

That subject alone should shake jw's to the roots..i hope it does.

Maybe SOME jw's, but not MY mother. After I had sent her the Guardian article, she flipped out and went off on the *apostates* saying that they plant all of that garbage in the media. She even had the gall to say that in regards to child molestation issues, that it is part of the "spiritual judicial process" to have two witnesses to protect the accused! I could not believe her! I didn't say anything back to her about how often do you hear of a non-biased witness sitting and watching a molestation occurance. I am beginning to hate her with a passion. She is in too deep, mentally, with the WTBTS to the point of never getting out. My dad would be easier to convince to get out, but that is another totally different approach. My mom definitely wears the pants in their family...

I sure hope Dateline is convincing and accurate, for SOME jw's sake.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Critter:

Sorry.. I didn't mean for you to take the 'disagree' as a critisizm of your idea.. I love it, I was merely making a 'joke'.. I fully understand and agree with you what you meant.. Didn't mean anything negative at all..

Cornerstone:

I agree with you 10000000%.. Excellent point!!!! Airing the show with everyone on a heightened sense of alert will make it that much more potent!!!

Everyone:

I also agree that the Dateline story and the UN links should be individually examined by the media, getting the time each one as an individual 'incident' deserves.. But, I think a comprehensive show on JW's would be excellent.. JW's who don't want to be reached, I.E. Not open to even hearing anything but their 'truth', will ignore or be able to reason away any bad information they hear.

With that in mind, the information should serve two purposes..

1.) If a witness is 'open' to it, then hopefully the information can be used as a catylist to 'tear down' the wall of the organization, and allow them to free themselves from the slavery they are now in.

2.) Warn the general public of what the JW's are really all about, so their recruiting techniques no longer work, thus sparing countless others from being sucked into this in the first place..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit