My mom went to the assembly today. . .

by JWdaughter 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

And an old friend of mine came up to her and asked how I was doing. He told her how much he enjoyed my friendship when we were kids, etc etc etc. I haven't seen him since I was DA'd back in the early 80's (right before Franz was-I like to think I blazed a trail for him-tee hee) Anyway, I was surprised that he mentioned me to my mom at all since I was DAd and he knew it-his dad was on the elder group that I spoke to. I am moving to the area he now lives, up in another county. I am almost tempted to look him up when I get there, but I don't know what I could do but stalk the poor guy.:) I really want to know how his sis and old gf are (still couldn't figure out why they broke up and he married a girl I didn't even know was a JW soon after he left school)

Anyway, none of this means anything to you all, its just the first contact I have had even indirectly with a JW except for family and near family in years. Kind of makes me feel good that he asked, but curious as to why he would even discuss me-obviosly an embarassment to the cong. and my mom. Or maybe he was seeing if she should be DF'd for knowing what I am up to?? Paranoia just struck as I typed the last sentence. I wonder what happened to his old best friend (first JW crush. Last Jw crush)

Shelly

• greendawn
    greendawn

It brings up a lot of memories from your JW days but what's the point the JWs shun ex members out of spite in order to deprive them of those emotional connections. At the end of the day they live in a cult with false hopes and directions.

• erandir
    erandir

He could be a disgruntled JW who thinks the shunning thing is all wrong and is trying to look up an old friend. It's been known to happen....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit