Glastonbury Festival

by LittleToe 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Anyone else heading to Glastonbury Festival this weekend?

I'm in Glasgow, between flights, at the moment. I have a ticket for Sunday, for what should be a reasonable line up.

Should be fun

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Glastonbury is a little Harry Potter town!

I bought a protection spell from one of those shops

Hey was King Arthur really burried at the abbey?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

These guys are playing on the other stage.

14.40 Coldwar Kids

Here's a tune from them:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrrGKR8Xii4

Have a blast LT!

• Hobo
    Hobo

I've heard a lot about it, researched it online and would love to attend, but it's a little far from here(Canada)... maybe one day-

Have a terrific time!! Let us know how it was...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Did E-man sort you a local resident ticket out? There's only a limited number of ways of getting a Sunday only ticket...

Third year running I've not been able to get tickets; 170,000 tickets sold out in 47 minutes this time.

If you weren't such a fine chap I'd call you a bastard out of sheer jealousy....

Oh, and congrats from the Dutchess as well as me!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I had a great time, but the show stealer for me was Manic Street Preachers. Far better than I expected. For that matter, so was Shirley Basset and James Morrison.

I flew down on Friday night to see friends (locals who got me a ticket) and then headed back straight afterwards, arriving back home for work on Monday morning. Weary but happy.

I have never seen so much mud in all my life!!! I vowed that if I ever do it again, rather than enjoy it from the comfort of my living room, I would do a few things differently; such as:

• Wear wellies, regardless of the forecast
    • Take a foldable chair
    • Take a small napsack
    • Leave the sweaters at home and buy one there when the temperature starts to drop in the evening

I had a few serendipitous moments, as well as some observations that helped me along my life-journey. I also returned a few times to Ecclesiasties, in my head...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Hey Ross....

It's not so much the wellies as something that is waterproof with a very high top. Army boots work for me as they are comfier.

And YES. A wet Glastonbury and a folding stool; normally you sprawl on the grass when relaxing, eating etc., but when the ground is wet or muddy all the time chairs become a thing of wonder, as you either have to stand or squat for three days.

Word of warning about buying stuff there; great idea (buying a sweater when it gets cold) but I found my taste at that point in the evening was... well... DIFFERENT.

Never wore it again.

Having seen the Manic's private toilet (with sign saying so) being towed out in '99 or '00 their "workers of the world unite" bosh doesn't sit easy with me. Is Shirley Basset related to Fred? Glad Morrison was good thorugh.

All the best

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hehe

I wore Doc Martins, but even they couldn't stem the deluge, so wellies it was. It was a REALLY muddy year!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit