Speculation.....

by winnie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

With the settlement of the 17 child abuse cases, now that there is approx another 7000 pending lawsuits (or so I have read), if the wt settles (or loses) these cases if they ever reach the court rooms, what do you think the outcome would be??

I think that (I'm praying it happens) this will ruin them financially and be the end of JW's.

• Emma
    Emma

I think they have so much money that it'll hurt their pride more than their bank balance. If it's widely publicized, it could hurt them some, but regular jw's have their heads in the sand; any negetive publicy will be twisted as persecution. The gb has them in such a brainwashed lock, they can't possibly acknowledge the truth.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I know they have plenty of money, and can continue to settle
    out of court for the time being, but it's bound to hurt them in
    the long run once they sell all their properties off and make
    all the cutbacks on production etc they can make without
    being in danger of losing control.

The negative publicity they receive will hopefully stop them
    making many new converts, but the watchtower will tell
    the current members it is persecution, and sadly many
    will believe it.

• winnie
    winnie

I know they have plenty of money, but I read somewhere that each settlement was in the range of 3-4.5 million. At that sum, if more continue to be settled or won, their money will run out sooner rather than later.???

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Whether or not they run out of money, if these cases become public, it is going to make extra trouble in recruiting new members. And some will leave for this reason, just as they did for the 1975 issue and the Generation disaster. Hopefully it will hurt them enough to stop them from carrying out recapture missions and from expanding in Nigeria like they were hoping to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit