To feel you "can"

by Mysterious 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

What a remarkable feeling on leaving the organization, and yet a bizzare one. To have the feeling that you "can" do anything you want. That there is time, energy and resources to devote to achieving the goals you set out for yourself. That what you want matters. that you can do what you put your mind to and what you feel drawn towards. That no man made rules imposed on you will stop you from pursuing your dreams. That you answer to propositions won't be "I can't" or "I'm not allowed". Just that you can..

• changeling
    changeling

I feel exactly the same way!!!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I like knowing that I can do whatever I want without fear of offending anyone. I was made to feel so tense around everyone i was afraid to cross any lines or step outside of the box.

Now, I speak my mind, and people worry about displeasing me instead of vice versa.

I can be completely narcissitic, and everyone else can go to hell.

Its a beautiful feeling.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I've always told my children to learn something new each day, no matter how small or insignificant. The day you stop learning is the day you die.

Well, once again I have a new perspective on life just from reading your post! Thanks for giving me something new to ponder : ) Damn these smiley's!!!

nj

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

And you can ink your skin and stretch your ears eh Richie. :)

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Freedom is the opportunity to do as you ought....not the enviroment to do as you want.

This has always been an interesting thought to me.....

Wishing you the best in all your endevours and goals,

V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit