Question for Dallas Area Apostates

by CountryGuy 4 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

My partner and I, along with two other friends, will be in Dallas on Saturday for Cyndi Lauper's True Colors concert at the Smirnoff Music Center. We're staying at the Hotel Indigo on Main Street downtown. Should we take a cab from the hotel to the concert? And, if we do, can you recommend a good taxi company?

Thanks for your help,
    CountryGuy

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

BTTT for CountryGuy

wish I had a good answer for you!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It really doesn't matter. The quality of the cars, drivers and the pricing all suck. Thumb through the yellow pages and pick the cab company you want to be screwed by.

Oh, and I strongly suggest you firmly secure your seat-belt as soon as you get in the car. 99% of the taxi drivers are foreigners who literally just fell off the boat and have never driven a day in their life before becoming taxi drivers. Seriously... they are all over the road and can hardly stay in their lanes. I had one guy drive with his right hand while reaching to the center console to get a drink. In doing so he swerved all the way into the other lane and then jerked back... cutting off someone who tried to pass him.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I see there is a direct bus route (though I'd probably take a cab... just ask your concierge):

enjoy your show

Itinerary Detail
    Origin: HOLIDAY INN ARISTOCRAT HOTEL (DOWNTOWN), 1933 MAIN STREET, DALLAS, 75201
    Destination: SMIRNOFF MUSIC CENTER - FAIR PARK,
    Request: Arrival of 10:43p on 06-20-2007
    Valid: WEEKDAY service in effect from 02-05-2007 to 09-30-2007
    StartEndDurationTransfersWalk (miles)
    10:19p10:32p12 min.00.12
    Your trip has no transfers and will take 12 minute[s]. Depart 10:19p from stop HARWOOD @ ELM - N - MB on line "50 BUCKNER VIA J B JACKSON TC VIA SCYENE". Arrive 10:32p at final destination stop ROBERT B CULLUM @ DALLAS - S - NS.
    Depart: HARWOOD @ ELM - N - MB10:19p
    On route: 50 BUCKNER VIA J B JACKSON TC VIA SCYENE
    Arrive:ROBERT B CULLUM @ DALLAS - S - NS10:32p
    MAP from HOLIDAY INN ARISTOCRAT HOTEL (DOWNTOWN), 1933 MAIN STREET, DALLAS, 75201 to SMIRNOFF MUSIC CENTER - FAIR PARK,
    Bus Stop Legend
    N NORTH (direction of travel)
    S SOUTH (direction of travel)
    E EAST (direction of travel)
    W WEST (direction of travel)
    NS NEAR-SIDE (before intersection)
    FS FAR-SIDE (after intersection)
    MB MID-BLOCK (before intersection)

Options:
    </form>
  • CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Thanks for the info. I've driven in Dallas before and I really don't want to do so more than I have to. LOL!

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit