Called my mother today

by Irish Rose 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Irish Rose
    Irish Rose

Since leaving mom and I have not spoken very often, since I left in 2001. I ended up calling her today, because I have an uncle in Texas where the flooding is at, and I lost his number. He is doing ok, and their home did not get flooded. It did come up to the porch, but then went down. Anyways we ended up talking for about an hour and a half. Getting updated with everything going on with the family. I told her about nearly dying and having surgery this past August. It did not really surprise me, but instead of asking what happen or if I'm now ok. She went straight for the "Did you get a blood transfusion?" question. Frankly that is none of her business. I am no longer a minor, and have not been for over 20 years, and no longer a JW. I did tell her that the doctors put me on iron, and for some odd reason she was satified with that answer. I think it really shocks her that my family is doing great even though we are out of that cult.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I think it really shocks her that my family is doing great even though we are out of that cult.

Yeah, they don't like to hear that. They want to hear how your life has gone to hell in a handbasket and see you come crawling back.
    I haven't seen you post on here before but I'm glad everything seems to have gone well with your surgery & everything is OK with your uncle too.

• choosing life
    choosing life

At least she talked with you for quite some time. Must have missed you. I tried to semi-shun one of my children once. It didn't last long. Just isn't natural, for me anyway.

Hope your health is better and you keep the lines of communication open with your mother, for both your sakes.

• changeling
    changeling

Living well is the best revenge!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Living well is the best revenge!

Very well said!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    I think it really shocks her that my family is doing great even though we are out of that cult.

You're so right. I know how it is. My family doesn't know how to deal with the fact that I'm doing great.

• free2think
    free2think

It's funny how that's the only thing that bothers them, they skip over everything else and go straight to that, the blood issue. I'm glad you were able to catch up with her though and that your uncle is ok.

• juni
    juni

Welcome IrishRose! Beautiful avatar and alias!

Yes. They can not understand how one can be happy apart from the organization. I'm happy to hear that you are feeling good now and all went good w/your surgery.

I wish you joy in living!

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit