How Can I Order Court Documents?

by roflcopter 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

I am interested if at all possible in ordering the court documents showing the WTBTS indeed settled out of court, and placed a gag order on the 14 victims in California. Are those documents considered public record? If so can someone point me in the right direction? Thx /ROFLCopter

• kwr
    kwr

The settlement is sealed by the court. The only thing you could get is the original court filing papers at the time the case was filed. But now that is also sealed. I think Silent Lambs may have the original filings for the lawsuits.

• jeanV
    jeanV

I doubt they are available, once there is an out of court settlement confidentiality becomes a must. You may ask Jim Whitney (posting here as Amazing) as he was directly involved in some of the trials.

here you can read some interesting info:

http://www.channelc.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index.cgi

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

So then i guess my question is how do you know that they settled out of court if there is no paper document showing they settled? The fact that so many people know has to come from somewhere. I guess I was hoping for some sort of document that showed they settled all these cases. That would have been a breaker for some of my family. :-/ Cuz without "proof" they would just dismiss it as apostate rumors. *sigh*

• minu
    minu

Even if you are able to get a copy of any settlement release, the usual wording in those documents say something to the effect of "this agreement represents a compromise of doubtful and disputed claims for which the parties released have not in any way admitted liability". So even then, it would be hard to "prove" to your family that a wrongdoing was actually committed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit