UK District Conventions

by Leezo 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Leezo
    Leezo

Hi all, New here (sort of). I have been aware of this site for a long time and often visit as it is a hive of excellent info but don't post myself.

Anyway, read with interest the conventions that have been running in the US. I am planning a Christian outreach to a JW convention here in the UK and was wondering if anyone can let me know whether the talk on the Saturday has the parts in it warning against apostates etc. in the morning or the Saturday? I ask this as our main evangelistic efforts are to be during the dinner break. Obviousely, if they are freshly indoctrinated they will be less likely to listen to us. If someone has been to one of these conventions was there anything at all warning against apostates etc on Friday or the Saturday morning?

Also, any tips, info, suggestions, etc appreciated. Thanks.

• ninja
    ninja

hey Leezity weezity....welcome to the forum....sorry I can't help you on the convention info...but all the best with your outreach work....I would love to do that type of thing and try and prise some out of there....I'm sure someone can help......da ninja

• juni
    juni

Welcome Leezo to the forum!

Someone will be a long soon to answer your question. I don't go to assemblies any longer.

Juni

• ninja
    ninja

hows my wee jooney today then?....apart from the bitchiness...are you okay?....he he.....your wee scottish mate ....ninja

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

You can find a good breakdown of the list of talks here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/134994/1.ashx

From what I've heard, Friday is pretty "normal" until the last talk; Saturday is supposed to be the "apotabash" - which fits with the mention of "the devil".

Saturday in detail is here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/135146/1.ashx

Where are you planning to go ?

• steve2
    steve2

Good luck Leezo. Be careful, though: If not handled effectively, your outreach will simply come across as more persecution to the witnesses and so convince them all the more that they have the truth!

• Gordy
    Gordy

Hi Leezo

Which convention are you going to?

I have a friend who intends to go and do outreach at the Manchester convention.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

You seemed to have answered my question that I asked earlier. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/136379/1.ashx

Good timing.

You might be in luck. It looks like the apostate bashing happens after lunch !

Morning

9:20 Music

9:30 Song No. 181 and Prayer

9:40 Considering the Daily Text Enhances Sheeplike Qualities

9:50 Symposium: Follow Jesus' Pattern in the Ministry

By Boldly Proclaiming Kingdom Good News

By Being Skillful Teachers

By Tranining New Disciples

10:50 Song No. 31 and Announcements

11:00 He 'Loved Righteousness and Hated Lawlessness' - Do You?

11:20 "Oppose the Devil" as Jesus Did

11:40 Welcome to the "Best Way of Life!" (Baptism Talk)

12:10 Song No. 42 and Intermission

AFTERNOON

1:50 Music

2:00 SongNo. 191

2:05 Symposium: Do Not Follow...

"After the Crowd"

"Your Hearts and Your Eyes"

"Unrealities" (Guess - career, education)

"False Teachers" (Apostates?!)

"False Stories" ($million settlements?!)

"Satan"

3:05 The Superiority of Being Taught By Jehovah

3:25 Help Them Return To The Flock (talk on inactive ones?)

3:45 Song No. 38 and Announcements

3:55 Husbands, Wives, Parents, Children - Follow The Model!

4:25 "Come Be My Follower"

4:55 Song No. 34 and Closing Prayer

• ibme
    ibme

welcome

• Leezo
    Leezo

Hi all and thanks for the welcome.

Not into shouting in a demonstrating style at the JWs (as I know some have done so in the past) as I also feel that this makes them feel persecuted and very unlikely to talk to you. Have a more low key approach. Won't reveal too much here in case any active JWs are about and spill the beans.

A&O - many thanks for the very useful list! Greatly appreciated. Will share with the team. I have sent you a private message for the same above reasons.

Of course, when all is done will post results of outreach and also hoping to take some footage for YouTube!

Any other info any one has very appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit