Nose Rubbing

by Save My Soul 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I had a former co-worker go to the assembly yesterday, and he made an interesting comment. He drives a luxury car and was with his family. He was dressed in a dress shirt, no slacks, no tie. As most men at church would dress.

He said while driving to the event many rubbed their nose at him. On the freeway and at the event. He was cruising down the road, windows up and air on and people would casually rub their nose at him. This occurred at the event in the parking lot as well. It did not happen inside very much, but it did happen.

Despite the fact that this appears to have come from mostly non-witnesses (freeway). He associates this practice with the organization. He said it is not common for him to have this happen to him.

What does this signify? People think he stinks? They hate his car? They think he is ugly? He said he is not going back today and and it caused a big riff with his wife, and the elder who studies with him. That is obviously another issue, not of concern to me (him not going back), but please tell me what this non-verbal signifies?

• Mum
    Mum

I'm not sure what you mean by nose rubbing. When I was a kid, rubbing noses was known as Eskimo kissing.

However, if he wasn't wearing any pants (slacks), I am not surprised that people reacted.

Regards,

SandraC

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think this friend of yours suffers from a kind of paranoia.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I'm not sure what you mean by nose rubbing. When I was a kid, rubbing noses was known as Eskimo kissing.

However, if he wasn't wearing any pants (slacks), I am not surprised that people reacted.

He said it was as if they were digging in it (gross)

I assume you are right.

He always was kinda weird. I know his grandfather is Greek, and you know what they say about the Greeks................

.............that may explain the lack of mentioning slacks......................

hummmmmmm

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It is an invitation for a free home Bible Study™ and anti-anxiety medication.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

paranoia - lots of people rub their noses. They itch. The fact that he thinks it is about him is strange.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm thinking of him right now and furiously rubbing my nose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit