Why can't my friends be apostates?

by Paralipomenon 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Well on the weekend I get a mistake MSN message from an old JW friend that was trying to message someone else so we chat for a bit and she mentions that she has some pictures up on facebook.

So I register up and find a few other friends and in a short order I've reestablished contact with most of my friends from congregations growing up. Each and every one of them is still a loyal witness.

Bah.

At the same time my wife is reconnecting with all her old friends from her congregations and she has yet to find a single one that is still a witness. They've either been DF'd, DA'd or just faded. To their credit, each and every one of them stated right away their JW status so as not to be misleading.

So she has the struggle with the concept of whether to maintain contact with people that she used to be friends with, and eventually decides that friends > witness rules.

I look at her friend list, then mine. Why couldn't my friends all be DA'd or DF'd?

Bah.

• 5go
    5go

Because you would be lead astray and taint the tainted chosen of some mythical god.

Your faith could then be compromised like mine.

• Xena
    Xena
    I look at her friend list, then mine. Why couldn't my friends all be DA'd or DF'd?

oh the irony, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit