Are JW's to associate with homosexuals?

by ThomasCovenant 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Non JW family are arranging a get-together for the long time no see homosexual former partner of my uncle.

My 'Elder' father and mother are invited and will probably attend.

What I would like to know is has the 'Society' ever said anything to make this a no-no?

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• Marcel
    Marcel

as long as he is not disfellowshipped and being together with him has no sexual part everything is fine ;) otherwise JWs werent allowed to go from door to door, because of all that nasty sinners.

edit: but its not recommended of course. its a kind of bad company.

• blondie
    blondie

Should jws associate with

fornicators

adulterers

lesbians

child molesters

?

Why does the WTS and some of its representatives single out homosexuals for a "special" avoidance?

One brother was told that it was because it was a "gross" sin making it worse that the above (or in the minds of some brain-dead jws, child molesters = homosexuals, which is totally, totally inaccurate). Homosexuals have relationships with consenting adult men; child molesters rape children/minors of either sex. I called the state sex offender registry and found that approximately 75% of molesters are male and target girls and can be "getting some" with a woman (women) at the time they are offending.

All of the people above would have been executed for a "gross" sin under the Law (except fornication, sex between single people of the opposite sex was not a "gross" sin). This brother asked them where the scripture was that said that homosexuality was a worse sin than murder, another "gross" sin listed in the Bible and WTS literature. They could not find one. this same brother asked then if to show that this sin was worse than the others, would God have to have the person resurrected so they could be punished twice with death?

Needless to say, but I will say it, the elders being asked this were very angry that this brother should question "their" reasoning, that it was not God's.

What is a gross sin per the WTS?

(Genesis 13:13) And the men of Sod´om were bad and were gross sinners against Jehovah.
    *** it-2 p. 761 Reconciliation ***True, some men have been more overt or gross in their sinning than others, even being openly rebellious; but sin is sin, whatever the degree or extent. Since all are sinners, all men descended from Adam have, without exception, needed the reconciliation with God that his Son’s sacrifice made possible.
    *** w06 11/15 p. 27 par. 3 Always Accept Jehovah’s Discipline ***Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member of the congregation unrepentantly engages in gross sin.
    *** w04 2/15 pp. 13-14 par. 15 Maintain Chastity by Safeguarding Your Heart ***Furthermore, maintaining chastity means more than merely refraining from any act that constitutes fornication. To "flee from fornication," we must avoid all forms of sexual uncleanness and loose conduct that could lead to the gross sin of por·nei´a. (Ephesians 4:19)
    *** w04 11/15 p. 22 par. 12 Search for Jehovah, the Examiner of Hearts ***Moreover, Christendom does not "let justice roll forth just like waters, and righteousness like a constantly flowing torrent." Instead, she consistently soft-pedals God’s moral requirements. She tolerates fornication and other gross sins and even goes so far as to bless homosexual unions!

*** w02 1/15 p. 12 par. 8 Jehovah—The Supreme Example of Goodness ***Why, they became guilty of idolatry, immorality, oppression of the poor, and other gross sins! As a result, Jerusalem was destroyed and inhabitants of Judah were taken captive to Babylon in 607 B.C.E.

*** w00 6/1 p. 6 The Changing Face of "Christianity"—Acceptable to God? ***Yet, the Bible leaves no doubt that fornication, adultery, and homosexuality are gross sins in the eyes of God and that those practicing such sins "will not inherit God’s kingdom."—1 Corinthians 6:9, 10; Matthew 5:27-32; Romans 1:26, 27.

So let's stop here and show what some of the sins are that are considered gross sins by the WTS with their scriptural support. "The Bible leaves no doubt that fornication, adultery, AND (caps mine) homosexuality are gross sins in the eyes of God" and receive the same exact punishment.

So why does the WTS single out homosexuals for graver punishment?

Interestingly, I have found among men inside the WT organization and outside, would not mind watching 2 women have sex with each other, live or on film media but would never consider the same if it were 2 men....

Blondie

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I'm openly gay and my roommate is a JW. They have mentioned to her that maybe she needs to find another place to live but they haven't pushed the issue. The fact that she is disabled and I'm her caregive problably has something to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit