Divide And Conquer /with UN Issue & others

by Ranchette 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

As this UN issue has unfolded we have been working very hard to expose the hypocrisy and deceit of the Society to our friends and family and also the public.

We continue to be shocked and amazed at the crazy stunts the WTBS pulls.

When I heard that Dutch Bethel had something to say about this I started thinking about the “UNINTED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL” concept.

I am wondering if we could put more effort into getting this important information to all WT branches all over the world.

As these issues crop up it would be great if we could publicize all of the branches, their addresses, phone#, Fax #, e-mails etc.

I noticed that even within Brooklyn they don’t always know what is going on.

I was thinking that If I were in one of the other branches around the world I would be enraged that Brooklyn got us into this mess and brought reproach on Jah’s name They are also screwing up with the child abuse issue and many others.

Is it possible to cause these other branches to question and turn on Brooklyn?

Any thoughts on this out there?

Ranchette

• starlitestarbrite
    starlitestarbrite

Ranchette,
    I am with you on that issue. If someone could get i torganized, I think we could do it. Also, i hope everyone is getting the UN letter and mailing it to every JW they know, if even one is reached then their has been some sucess!

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

I'm suggesting also that we post on religion discussion boards, e.g., those associated with newspapers such as the NYT. The posts need not be confrontational, they could just try to generate discussion. If another Guardian article appears, as Stephen Bates intimated in his post, then other papers might jump on it if there is some grassroots discussion apparent on the web. The fact that this concerns two well known New York organizations (WTS and UN) should generate some interest there. There's a lot going for this story right now: NYC, UN (Nobel Prize), Enhanced interest in religion etc....

While doing this on boards in various countries we could provide links/addresses to the local Branches.

T.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Ranchette and others,

great suggestions.

Personally I would wait until " THE LETTER " is

printed in many USA and Europeans ' newspapers.

Then we could do ...more in those lines !

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• hsmew
    hsmew

Mac,

Tril here; I agree not to mention "The Letter" or "the withdrawal" (is that the Whore's method of safe sex) but drawing publicity to the fact that the JWs are in bed with the UN can only help, when the dung hits the proverbial phan....

Let's soften them up so that they are receptive.....

T.

• Andee
    Andee

Hello all,

I wanted to comment on the WTS and the UN association. For most of my life I have been a "worldly" person. To be completely upfront, I just don't think the mainstream press is going find the WTS disassociating themselves from the UN as a NGO, big news. Some newspapers might print something in their religion section, but with everything else going on (War, etc), I doubt the this latest information will get little more than a shrug from mainstream media. They did not have the years of indoctrination about the evilness of the UN. They also don't realize the hypocracy of WTS's membership as a NGO and how shocking this news is to many witnesses. In short, they just won't get it.

Anyway, I think many of the loyal rank and file, if they did read about it in a the newpaper, would just brush it off as the world attempting to discredit their beloved org, again. Anyone not having any kind of exposure to the witnesses, other than having them knock on their door, is just going to think "yeah? so?".

So, I really think the only way to get the word out to witnesses is the way it is being done now. Person to person, through CofC and via the internet. Slowly and gently.

Time, itself, is going to dig the WTS's grave.

Andee

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

hsmew,

LOL!

Ranchette

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think this is a good strategy. Personally I would advocate writing a well-worded letter to the Society encouraging them to comment on this matter. Enclose all pertinent documents copied from the UN website as well as a copy of the fax recieved by Hawkaw, a copy of the guardian newspaper article and a UN contact number.

It is good to be non-confrontational, but it might be good to enclose some quotes and lines of reasoning as to why this sort of association with the UN concerns you personally.

Questioning them as to why they withdrew from the UN when they did and how they felt they met the qualifications in good conscience when they joined would also be good.

By sending a copy of this letter to your local elders and a copy to the circuit overseer and assuring the Society you have done this, you can give the issue widespread local coverage in your congregation without risk of being accused of apostasy.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit