Who Wore Jeans, Shorts and Tee Shirts after the Convention???

by Lady Liberty 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there that went to the District Convention that can tell us if the majority obeyed the "no tee shirts, jeans or shorts" policy for after the convention attire?? Just curious how the rank and file responded to their "new light".

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

are you kiddin me??? everyone wore jeans as far as i recall...that and brother so-and-sos lucky metalica t-shirt

• unique1
    unique1

I wore both. Didn't realize I couldn't. However we always went directly to dinner so I was still dressed up for that and still wearing my badge when I didn't conveniently lose it.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

My husband and I had been to an all-day outdoor dusty, dirty, event on Sunday - directly after that, we had tickets to a big concert in our city to attend.

Going from one event to the next, we ended up pulling into a tiny, obscure parking lot. Here in our truck we changed clothes and sat there munching on food out of our cooler and having a couple beers - when across the parking lot I see these two young guys walking towards us, in their finest suits. I knew instantly who they would be, as I realized the DC was this weekend, not far away.

My husband was in quite a state of undress at this moment and with the truck doors open - it would've looked like we were doing something "WTS illegal" - anyway....

I couldn't resist and said, "You guys need to get into some shorts and a tee shirt!"

One's response was a drawn out, "E G G S A C T L Y!!"

I said, "You must be witnesses" (No lapel badges were proudly being worn.)

"YA " (not spoken with enthusiasm)

To which I replied: "Ohhhh, I guess you're not allowed to. How cultish is that?"

By this time they were stepping into their truck, so I heard no response.

They then realized they were trapped in this tiny parking lot, as the exit, an alley, they felt was too tight for their truck to fit through.

No escape from apostates, they shuddered.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

To which I replied: "Ohhhh, I guess you're not allowed to. How cultish is that?"

Dear 4JWY,

That was really funny!!! I bet they hopped in their truck and agreed with you!! The control is unbelievable!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit