Banned dual baptism

by 5thGeneration 5 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I just saw the beautiful picture of my wife being baptized with her grandfather 20 years ago that I framed for her.

Then I remembered that the Society has now BANNED being baptized along side a loved one and sharing it them.

They of course feel that baptism is between you and Jehovah. NOT true!

DEDICATING yourself is between you and Jehovah NOT the visual display of baptism.

Another CRAZY Pharasaic rule!

What do you think?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, they were just applying the scripture at Smark 13:69: "And when a dub gets dunked with his kin, this is something detestable to Jehober."

So I really can't blame them for enacting it...

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I agree. It is a crazy rule.

But wait....THE WHOLE THING IS ABSOLUTELY BONKERS!

WHAT ARE WE DOING WASTING OUR LIVES STILL IN THIS WACKED ORGANIZATION?

I guess things are complicated. Friends, families,, etc etc.

Plus, I personally have taken up a new cause to free my friends and family from the grips of evil, and the tryanny of the WT. That really does helps me sleep at night, but HOLY COW ...we are one screwed up religion/sect/cult or whatever you want to call us!!

• educ8self
    educ8self

Damn, I guess i'll never see the double-mint twins from the Wrigly's gum commercial being dunked at the same time... Well, there is that clone factor anyway.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

This is a New One for Me. Seems they keep making up rules as they go along.

• noni1974
    noni1974

My little sister and I got baptised together.I wish they had banned it when I got baptised I would have never done it if I had to wait.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit